Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug report procedures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The word on the street is that system information is captured and stored in your car, and can be accessed by techs later, if the information is deemed useful for diagnosis.

Of course we all hope that our bug reports are also immediately and gratefully reviewed by legions of Tesla programmers (and Elon himself, of course), but I've never been thanked for my submissions. It's a shame, too, because Tesla would be a much better company if only they would take my advice.

• Funny
Reactions: Ciaopec
Bug report basically is a save function for all vehicle info and measurements for that time +/- some number of minutes. The act of bug reporting just prevents that info from being erased, but you will need to reference the actual problem at a service center appointment for them to eval. As far as I've been able to see, I don't see any evidence that they will do any evaluation of bug reports without an appointment, as the sheer volume of reports with no context would be impossible to navigate.

Reactions: Puddles
According to the service advisor at the Service Center that I took my car too, they prefer that you try to take a picture of the issue when it occurs so there is a time stamp that can direct them to exactly where to look. According to that person, the Bug Report function does record and store the error, time, and date, but it only saves it for so long. It'll eventually get deleted as new reports get pulled to the mothership. Again, this is from a person at the service center, so take it with a grain of salt.