Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug report + Screenshot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Nick77

Deep Blue Model 3 LR (2021 MIC)
Mar 15, 2020
Burton-on-Trent
I've just read on Facebook Owners group that you can apparently do both of these in one by holding down the Car icon in the bottom right of the screen (I assume this is the Car controls button).

So if you have an issue I assume you can screenshot with a bug report that you can maybe refer to if you call/email them.

Anyone ever done this or even heard of it?

I use the audio command button, and say "bug report", and provide a brief description (e.g. navigation speed limit incorrect), and it then gives me a thumb down and goes away. Not sure if that means it did not go through ... trying to figure that out.

I always use the car icon hold to log a bug report (then if I can be bothered its important enough, follow up by reporting it in the app), but never heard/seen that it captures a screen shot.
Found this in the manual:

You can also use voice commands to provide feedback to Tesla. Say "Note", "Report", "Bug note", or "Bug report" (in the English language) followed by brief comments in your language of choice. Model S takes a snapshot of its systems, including your current location, vehicle diagnostic data, and screen captures of the touchscreen and instrument panel. Tesla periodically reviews these notes and uses them to continue improving Model S.

I always use the car icon hold to log a bug report (then if I can be bothered its important enough, follow up by reporting it in the app), but never heard/seen that it captures a screen shot.
Now I have also found this:

Apparently it's a placebo ... unless you follow up your particular bug-report with a service appointment.