Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[bug report] V10 car sprite

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My OCD is going out of scale!
Since V10 came out, the sprite car visualisation on the Instrument Cluster has a bug related to the blinking turn light.
On the car sprite it flashes the RED brake light (US style):
jZ5yLP.gif

but my car is an European one, and we have a separate yellow light for the turn signal on the car:
r8BKX4.gif

Such a discrepancy is driving me mad ;)

My OCD is going out of scale!
Since V10 came out, the sprite car visualisation on the Instrument Cluster has a bug related to the blinking turn light.
On the car sprite it flashes the RED brake light (US style):
jZ5yLP.gif

but my car is an European one, and we have a separate yellow light for the turn signal on the car:
r8BKX4.gif

Such a discrepancy is driving me mad ;)

The use of the word "Sprite" makes me think the OP was used to programming in RISC - OS!

The use of the word "Sprite" makes me think the OP was used to programming in RISC - OS!

From computer graphics, I vaguely remember learning that a sprite is an bitmap/image that you can give a velocity vector to, and it'll be rendered (and will move) in hardware without any CPU oversight or overhead. Not quite what the image on the IC is.

But really to me, Sprite is an experimental UNIX-like operating system developed at UC Berkeley in the late 1980s/early 1990s (the first OS I compiled a kernel for).

OK back to Teslas... :)

Bruce.

hahaha Thank you guys! you're a funny lot!

I used the term "sprite" because as a kid I learned a little bit of programming (both BASIC and machine code) on a Commodore C=64, and that "avatar" is definitively a sprite in my mind!
The C=64 was the trigger that nerded my life forever.