Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug Report: Video Overlay Disappearing With Popovers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, noticed another thing this morning. I think subconsciously I'd seen this before, but didn't register it as a bug in my mind.

1. If the rear camera is in the upper half of the screen, and you adjust your seat/mirror/steering wheel position so the driver profile update overlay appears, the video image disappears and is replaced by a gray box until the driver profile menu is dismissed.
2. If the rear camera is visible and you go to drag an app icon to one of the two screen positions (or just tap and hold), the video image disappears and is replaced by a gray box.

Reporting to ownership right now.

Is that really a bug and (please excuse me for this next bit) who cares? There's no way a driver should be reversing while adjusting his seat/steering wheel.

Assuming the Tegra3 is capable of placing overlays on top of video (it should be), then it seems like a bug to me. And of course the camera can be displayed at all times--even in park, not just when reversing.

Not a major issue of course--but an issue nonetheless.

This is actually most noticed when you have the camera in the lower screen and try to adjust the A/C temperatures. The pop-up box with the Sync Temp option won't appear over the camera in the bottom screen. Move the camera to the top, and adjust the temps, you'll see the pop-ups.