Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

BUG report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I dont believe it does anything these days (as in reporting to HQ) other than to mark the logs so a tech at the SC for example can search easily to find the incident.

Not worthless; but only any use if you plan to get a tech to review it (and good luck with that ! )

Press the voice command button and say "Bug report".
My understanding is that this logs a timestamp and subsequently (for appx 48hrs) a tech can search for it.
Just helps them pinpoint the incident.
(originally ppl believed these were analysed by the mothership, even if so that was likely only in the early days)

I'm having trouble getting bug report to work since they released SW with text messaging readout and other voice infectivity. It doesn't work like it used to. I think the rest messaging and vice commands overtook the bug report commands. Anyone having luck with reporting bugs since December '19?

You can press and hold the car icon bottom right (here in UK) but you do not get an opportunity to annotate the report.
Thank you. I knew about that method also. I really want Tesla to be informed that in getting ghost text messages alerted to me with the new message readout features... Messages that are months old in my phone's history. Just can't seem to get that little notification "Thank you for your feedback" like it used to report when I reported a bug verbally. For a company that seems so far ahead of every other auto maker with their technology; Tesla seems to be stumbling on text and voice dialing. It's surprising. But, I think something good or great must be coming.

Anyone tried the voice command 'call 01234 567890' ?
It stops after the 9 and tries to call, leaving the final number, zero in this example, displayed as zero. Unsuprisingly it is set up for US ten digit numbers and misses the 11th digit in the UK. Annoying as few other voice commands seem to work...