TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

BUG report

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by MaDProFF, Nov 16, 2019.

1. MaDProFF

MaDProFF Member

Just wondering if people actually use the in car bug report?

I have never used it so far, but thinking maybe I should for things, if everyone did then maybe we might get more updates, and quicker fixes

Do people even bother?

2. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

Yes when ever there is a bug, which is pretty much every other day.

3. ewoodrick

ewoodrick Well-Known Member

It doesn't necessarily mean anything gets fixed faster, but it may surface unknown issues and prioritize others.

But I suspect that basis Autopilot issues are well covered

4. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

I dont believe it does anything these days (as in reporting to HQ) other than to mark the logs so a tech at the SC for example can search easily to find the incident.

Not worthless; but only any use if you plan to get a tech to review it (and good luck with that ! )

5. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

I can’t get the voice control to recognise anything since the latest update really annoying previously it worked every time. Now when I say phone it comes up with random words

6. spon88

spon88 Member

I'm seeing this too. But then it still tends to find the right number. Very weird

7. Rooster6655

Rooster6655 Active Member

I can’t even say phone anymore!

8. ACarneiro

ACarneiro Member

What is this bug report thing?

9. thegruf

thegruf Active Member

Press the voice command button and say "Bug report".
    My understanding is that this logs a timestamp and subsequently (for appx 48hrs) a tech can search for it.
    Just helps them pinpoint the incident.
    (originally ppl believed these were analysed by the mothership, even if so that was likely only in the early days)

10. tyseft163

tyseft163 Member

I'm having trouble getting bug report to work since they released SW with text messaging readout and other voice infectivity. It doesn't work like it used to. I think the rest messaging and vice commands overtook the bug report commands. Anyone having luck with reporting bugs since December '19?

11. VanillaAir_UK

VanillaAir_UK Moderator UK and Ireland

You can press and hold the car icon bottom right (here in UK) but you do not get an opportunity to annotate the report.

12. tyseft163

tyseft163 Member

Thank you. I knew about that method also. I really want Tesla to be informed that in getting ghost text messages alerted to me with the new message readout features... Messages that are months old in my phone's history. Just can't seem to get that little notification "Thank you for your feedback" like it used to report when I reported a bug verbally. For a company that seems so far ahead of every other auto maker with their technology; Tesla seems to be stumbling on text and voice dialing. It's surprising. But, I think something good or great must be coming.

13. navt

navt Member

I did when Multiple system failure.

Didn't stop Tesla Service asking me to provide approx. time the fault occured by text

14. Buttybach

Buttybach Member

Anyone tried the voice command 'call 01234 567890' ?
    It stops after the 9 and tries to call, leaving the final number, zero in this example, displayed as zero. Unsuprisingly it is set up for US ten digit numbers and misses the 11th digit in the UK. Annoying as few other voice commands seem to work...