Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug Report

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I dreaming or is Bug Report super quick about ending your report? If I say "Bug Report" and pause slightly (to gather my scattered thoughts then it says, ok, you're done and closes. It seems to me as if you always have to say quickly "Bug report, my report is that bug report closes off too quickly" otherwise you get truncated. Thoughts?

Ok, thanks for the explanations. It does seem as if it is just a placebo. I can stop doing it. Shame, the community obviously knows a lot about what the cars and software are doing and it would seem to make sense to plug into that. But they obviously have other avenues.

Ok, thanks for the explanations. It does seem as if it is just a placebo. I can stop doing it. Shame, the community obviously knows a lot about what the cars and software are doing and it would seem to make sense to plug into that. But they obviously have other avenues.

There's over a million Teslas out there now-(and that's gonna be 2 million by sometime next year, and on up from there)- no way they'd have time to actually review all the reports from every car.

Reactions: TX_M3P+
There's over a million Teslas out there now-(and that's gonna be 2 million by sometime next year, and on up from there)- no way they'd have time to actually review all the reports from every car.
Very true. It would be nice if they all went into a large database that had some machine learning algorithms to at least sorts and organize the data for a human review at some point in time. Maybe one day...

Bug Report is basically a time stamp that captures logs from the car that can be later collected by a Tesla Service Tech. So, unless you schedule service for the bug your reported, the "Bug Report" does nothing any way.

I, like the OP thought it was going to the mother ship for QA (like other software)

It might come in handy for my rear AC blowing hot problem. they asked me when does it happen so I did bug reports to log. Although I was hoping they'd be able to remote retrieve log and at least do diagnostics OTA/ mobile. No luck they said AC service has to be in store.

Madhouse yesterday but I got lucky a 90D loaner and $400 Uber credits. I might just take a roadtrip tomorrow

I, like the OP thought it was going to the mother ship for QA (like other software)

It might come in handy for my rear AC blowing hot problem. they asked me when does it happen so I did bug reports to log. Although I was hoping they'd be able to remote retrieve log and at least do diagnostics OTA/ mobile. No luck they said AC service has to be in store.

Madhouse yesterday but I got lucky a 90D loaner and $400 Uber credits. I might just take a roadtrip tomorrow
Yeah the bug report will come in handy for that issue, especially if you do it while it is happening. Then when you take it in for service they will have a log capture from the car from the time the issue was occurring.

I had this problem too, but it seems to have gotten better after the last few updates. Have you checked it recently? I only turn on my rear vents when someone is back there and the last time I did it was blowing cold.

Yeah the bug report will come in handy for that issue, especially if you do it while it is happening. Then when you take it in for service they will have a log capture from the car from the time the issue was occurring.

I had this problem too, but it seems to have gotten better after the last few updates. Have you checked it recently? I only turn on my rear vents when someone is back there and the last time I did it was blowing cold.

funny they said it's the 1st they've heard of it (looked at me like I have two heads) even though I've seen it mentioned in other threads.

It's random unfortunately which makes it a diagnosis challenge. I think it's a sensor/ software flag when someones back there (wife/son complaining it's hot back while I'm cold @ 78 upfront) . I also have a heavy car seat.

They should be able to diagnose from the logs remotely, bummer I had to take it in (60 miles roundtrip for me) I did test drive a PY though and loved it... Wish I got a X loaner instead