Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bug? USB player goes silent in the middle of the track

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes, when the USB player is playing in the middle of a track, it will go silent (when the track is not silent), even though the UI says that it is still playing. Pressing on the same or different track in the UI brings the sound back (but it starts the selected track as expected).

This is with software 2022.4.5.17.

Anyone else notice this problem?

Mine has always done something similar to this. It goes silent in the middle of whatever, making me press a button or something, and it starts again but on the next song (I don't recall what I press, just wanting it to get going again). I'm guessing it still thinks its playing and I don't do something about it until it gets to the next song. Annoying, but only happens once in a while, and the USB player has never been all that good. Unfortunately, it is my preferred and frequent method to listen to music.

Noteseen this - but my biggest pet peeve with the car is:
- inability to FF / RWD through a USB track except through the slider - which is dangerous to use while driving. There should be a voice command for "skip back/forward xx seconds"
- the inability to resume what you listen to when you get back in the car. My 12 year old in-car Pioneer player would do this off mp3-CD! This would be really helpful for audio books / podcasts. When you have mp3's named 1.mp3 -> 19.mp3, each is an hour long you could waste 20minutes trying to find the bit you got to last time. Why can't the car have a tickbox for "always resume previous media track"? It could even be tied to drivers profiles so the mrs getting in would get her music resume.

inability to FF / RWD through a USB track except through the slider - which is dangerous to use while driving.
inability to resume what you listen to when you get back in the car.
Agreed! It doesn't even display the elapsed time so you can note it down with a 1795 device (a pencil).

I just bought a phone mount so that I can have these features when I listen to audiobooks or standup comedy specials.