Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugatti Veyron

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you know? It's a little know & pointless fact, and I apologies if learning this accidentally displaces something useful in your head but, in a foot to the floor, straight line 70 mile race between the Veyron and the Roadster, the Roadster would win! Hurrah!

Why? Well, the Veyron would rocket off the line up to 250mph but would be out of fuel 12 mins later eventually rolling to a stop after just 60ish miles. Meanwhile the speed limited tortoise, sorry, Roadster, would waft (at 125mph) past the exhausted Veyron to eventually run, power limited over the 70 mile line.

btw: It'd cost you over $10,000 to do that little stunt in the Veyron; those tyres, which are now almost bald are $3K, each!

A smart Veyron driver would limit his speed to 130 MPH and win easily, but I get your point.

Also, if the Veyron driver would floor it, he would have 15 minutes for adding a couple of gallons somewhere past the half way point and still be ahead.

Did you know? It's a little know & pointless fact, and I apologies if learning this accidentally displaces something useful in your head but, in a foot to the floor, straight line 70 mile race between the Veyron and the Roadster, the Roadster would win! Hurrah!

This is exactly the kind of stunt that Top Gear does when the want to prove a point in the direction the want to favor. I'm reminded of the tiny boat windmill pictured to charge a Roadster.

Veyron gives me range anxiety.

The smart Veyron driver would flog the Veyron & buy a Roadster, a Model S, a cottage on the lake, & still have enough left over for a nice dinner or two with some 2005 Opus One...:biggrin::wink:

A smart Veyron driver would limit his speed to 130 MPH and win easily, but I get your point.

Also, if the Veyron driver would floor it, he would have 15 minutes for adding a couple of gallons somewhere past the half way point and still be ahead.

I actually saw a Bugatti Veryon in real life this past Wednesday. My fiancee asked why it was so cool. I responded that it costs "$1M, and I guess goes really fast."

S. Atlanta road going south turning North onto 285 in Vinings/Smyrna if you wanted to know where. It had some weird wrap that I was driving too fast to really look at.