Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs around software update time...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed on my MS Windows machine, if I don't update for a week or so... suddenly my wifi will stop working. That would cause me to restart and do the update. Then my wifi comes back. It's happened so many times in a row, I'm convinced that this is not a coincidence. My wifi literally has only died right before an update.

I'm wondering if Tesla is doing something similar. I've been putting off the 12.25.7 update because of bad timing. ...then suddenly, sentry mode stopped working for two days even when above 20%. Restarting the car... nothing worked. Then I updated. Then all of a sudden it worked again.

Coincidence?

I noticed on my MS Windows machine, if I don't update for a week or so... suddenly my wifi will stop working. That would cause me to restart and do the update. Then my wifi comes back. It's happened so many times in a row, I'm convinced that this is not a coincidence. My wifi literally has only died right before an update.

I'm wondering if Tesla is doing something similar. I've been putting off the 12.25.7 update because of bad timing. ...then suddenly, sentry mode stopped working for two days even when above 20%. Restarting the car... nothing worked. Then I updated. Then all of a sudden it worked again.

Coincidence?
Not really, I had issues with sentry mode being on and off flaky with 2021.4.18.2 so it may just be that whatever that issue was happened to affect you around the time of your upgrade. It seems that 2021.12.25.7 may have addressed that issue.