Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs in firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
6.2 is quite buggy.
Recently I was driving silently and the phone rang. The sound system started playing music when i answered the phone. No one there.
I hung up, and the music stopped. Don Maclean would have liked that. Kidding aside, this is an annoying issue.
Re routing to a recently charged SC as I try to go home is also not good!

I've had this same issue on 6.1.179 2 X only

I was trying to demo the new routing features of the Nav yesterday. The thing got all tangled up and never completely completed the 'route calculations' of a Hamilton Ontario to Miami trip. Later, when I set out from home, the only way I could get the Nav to route me home was by rebooting both screens. Lots of work needed on this aspect of 6.2

d20a15da5201e70d07f9f2877fe0cb1d.jpg

The audio bug is killing me. Annoying! I can't believe Tesla breaks the really obvious stuff. Doesn't anybody at Tesla test?
I had a wonderful conversation a little while ago with someone in the larger software team at Tesla. They talked rather openly about the fact that they team is surprisingly small and that there is room for improvement in the way some of the typical software development processes are implemented.
It is quite complicated to do solid testing on a complex firmware package. It's well understood how to do that, but it appears that Tesla was attempting to blaze new paths here, just as they did in so many other areas. It appears that the realities of software development challenges are catching up with them.
It's good to see the job postings, but frankly, I would have expected half a dozen open jobs in firmware QA :-/

I don't see why we need this "feature" at all. I love listening to music while I clean my car, and I can't stand that it turns down or mutes when the door is open(ed).
This can be useful. I like that if I'm listening to something loud and I open the door somewhere public, the volume is muted automatically. However, I also sometimes wish I could still hear the stereo when the door is open. I think that they could/should implement something like: if e door is open and then the volume control is moved upwards ( even slightly) the volume resumes at normal level. Another thought is that it could just mute for about 10 seconds or so and if the door remains open, it resumes. That might be a bit alarming if someone doesn't know.

This can be useful. I like that if I'm listening to something loud and I open the door somewhere public, the volume is muted automatically. However, I also sometimes wish I could still hear the stereo when the door is open. I think that they could/should implement something like: if e door is open and then the volume control is moved upwards ( even slightly) the volume resumes at normal level. Another thought is that it could just mute for about 10 seconds or so and if the door remains open, it resumes. That might be a bit alarming if someone doesn't know.

The original behavior, of dropping the volume to 2 when the door was open worked fine and was not intrusive. The implementation of the current system is terrible.