Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs in firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, happens a lot...

I'm noticing it in .153 but I'm not sure if it's that new.

I have a habit (2+ years) of pausing Slacker when I leave the car. When I return to the car, I resume playing as part of my sequence of getting underway. I'm pretty rigorous about it. I do a lot of "save this song for the next drive" -- which is very handy with the buffering when you park underground (out of 3G range).

I've noticed (mostly not underground) that lately when I return to the car Slacker has already resumed (and sometimes is playing a different song than I left). Anybody else run into this?

Finally got 2.4.153 on my classic M60 today.

Ran into one big issue maybe related to the other NAV issues reported. The location of my car seems to be off especially if I go into navigation mode. It about one street off in terms of location. When I'm on the freeway, it thinks I'm on the local street next to the freeway and keeps rerouting. This is consistent after stopping and starting NAV again. I haven't done a soft reset. Will do tomorrow.

One minor issue that still hasn't been fixed. Audio is not lowering when opening the driver door. Kinda annoying since I don't want my EDM music blasting when I exit the car LOL

I'm noticing it in .153 but I'm not sure if it's that new.

I've noticed (mostly not underground) that lately when I return to the car Slacker has already resumed (and sometimes is playing a different song than I left). Anybody else run into this?

I have noticed this too, but I haven't received any variant of 6.2, so this is a change in Slacker behavior not related to the 6.2 update.

Anyone having Bluetooth problems?

I updated to .146 a few days ago and to iOS 8.3 around the same time and now my phone won't connect. Rebooted phone and center console a few times each, no success. iPhone 6 which is new but worked fine before these upgrades. The car and the phone will "see" each other (after what seems a pretty long search) but the phone says it can't connect.

Anyone having Bluetooth problems?

I updated to .146 a few days ago and to iOS 8.3 around the same time and now my phone won't connect. Rebooted phone and center console a few times each, no success. iPhone 6 which is new but worked fine before these upgrades. The car and the phone will "see" each other (after what seems a pretty long search) but the phone says it can't connect.
.146 ? You're the only one so far with that version. Or is this a typo and you meant .136?
Would you mind adding an entry to the Firmware Upgrade Tracker?
I had BT problems in .136 and had to delete the car from the iPhone and re-pair for things to work

I kept saying to myself that if I got the update notification, I would wait a little while due to all these bugs being reported.... but then the alarm clock appeared today and I just couldn't resist... :)

Dirkhh, once it completes and I have a version # I'll update the tracker.

I kept saying to myself that if I got the update notification, I would wait a little while due to all these bugs being reported.... but then the alarm clock appeared today and I just couldn't resist... :)

Dirkhh, once it completes and I have a version # I'll update the tracker.

Maybe we should ask them to modify the tracker database to also indicate the number of Seminole fans who have received the update!

Let me know how you guys would like to see stuff... I can make it look nice and pretty with Tableau, Qlikview, SSRS, Excel, SAS, etc...

Firmware graph.png

Let me know how you guys would like to see stuff... I can make it look nice and pretty with Tableau, Qlikview, SSRS, Excel, SAS, etc...
In general I love graphical visualizations of data... but that line graph doesn't really seem to add a lot to my ability to parse things...
Data visualization is really hard - I actually thought about ways in which I would like to visualize this and haven't come up with anything brilliant... but by all means, keep playing with it, if you find something that's intuitive I'd love to see it!

In general I love graphical visualizations of data... but that line graph doesn't really seem to add a lot to my ability to parse things...
Data visualization is really hard - I actually thought about ways in which I would like to visualize this and haven't come up with anything brilliant... but by all means, keep playing with it, if you find something that's intuitive I'd love to see it!
I haven't read through the entire thread to see what you guys are trying to home in on... I just threw that together so you can see the volume of firmware pushes over time by "Full Model" which is just a derived column I created consisting of "Perf"&"Kwh"&"Suffix"

I haven't read through the entire thread to see what you guys are trying to home in on... I just threw that together so you can see the volume of firmware pushes over time by "Full Model" which is just a derived column I created consisting of "Perf"&"Kwh"&"Suffix"
And that's the hard part. We are trying to track the "waves" of roll-outs. Different build versions appear to be shipped to different groups of cars over time.
So for example since Saturday it's only been non-D cars that received .153 - but up until Saturday it was pretty much only AP cars that got .153.
Previously .124 was almost only D cars, but .136 was mostly non-AP cars.
So I really don't know how to make this visual, how to help parse the data easier...

Finally got 2.4.153 on my classic M60 today.

Ran into one big issue maybe related to the other NAV issues reported. The location of my car seems to be off especially if I go into navigation mode. It about one street off in terms of location. When I'm on the freeway, it thinks I'm on the local street next to the freeway and keeps rerouting. This is consistent after stopping and starting NAV again.

this happened with my mercedes as well when NAV is upgraded with newer DVD and all my old saved addresses are off with the map. re-entered all the addresses..that fixed the issue.

did you tried re-entering a new address and tried?

And that's the hard part. We are trying to track the "waves" of roll-outs. Different build versions appear to be shipped to different groups of cars over time.
So for example since Saturday it's only been non-D cars that received .153 - but up until Saturday it was pretty much only AP cars that got .153.
Previously .124 was almost only D cars, but .136 was mostly non-AP cars.
So I really don't know how to make this visual, how to help parse the data easier...
I could easily do that if I had the full firmware version # in a column... the export I got just gives me 6.1 or 6.2 in the Version# column... You're capturing the subversion, so if that data is somewhere I could easily build you separate line, pie, or tabular graphs based on each build.... and by whatever you want... to me that would be "FullModel"... and to make "Full Model" more precise, I could add in Tech and Auto to make it all one composite field. IE. P85AT (P85 w/ auto pilot and tech)

I could easily do that if I had the full firmware version # in a column... the export I got just gives me 6.1 or 6.2 in the Version# column... You're capturing the subversion, so if that data is somewhere I could easily build you separate line, pie, or tabular graphs based on each build.... and by whatever you want... to me that would be "FullModel"... and to make "Full Model" more precise, I could add in Tech and Auto to make it all one composite field. IE. P85AT (P85 w/ auto pilot and tech)
If you get the download.csv from the tracker website it has the full build version in the aptly named 'build' column :)

Okay... Here... you can filter by anything under the sun and see how the counts change over time. I think that's what you're asking for...
https://public.tableau.com/views/TeslaFirmwareSurveyData/Sheet1?:embed=y&:showTabs=y&:display_count=yes

- - - Updated - - -

3-D surface plots come to mind.

X axis date
Y axis model/configuration
Z axis count

I did something very close in 2D:
X axis: date
Y axis: count
Color: build
Filters: Model Type, Update Method (OTA, etc), AutoPilot Y/N, Tech Y/N

I could see doing something similar to this but instead doing it by:
X Axis: date
Y Axis: count
Color: Model
Filters: Build, Update Method (OTA, etc), AutoPilot Y/N, Tech Y/N

https://public.tableau.com/views/TeslaFirmwareSurveyData/Sheet1?:embed=y&:showTabs=y&:display_count=yes