Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs in firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
.146 ? You're the only one so far with that version. Or is this a typo and you meant .136?
Would you mind adding an entry to the Firmware Upgrade Tracker?
I had BT problems in .136 and had to delete the car from the iPhone and re-pair for things to work

Sorry, short term memory, couldn't remember from the walk from the car. .136 . I tried starting from scratch a couple of times without success. First time in 2+ years I've had a BT problem that lasted more than a few minutes.

Looking at this data and playing with the knobs, I see:
1. 124 was generally released ~3/26; issues were found and addressed relatively quickly (by 4/02)
2. 136 was generally released ~4/02; issues were found and addressed relatively quickly (by 4/10)
3. 153 was generally released ~4/10; they might choose to drop a new release on 4/17ish as a general rhythm thing
4. All of the "late" 124s (post 3/26) were non-Perf (i.e. uncheck P85 P85+ P85D and they remain in the chart).
5. Only 2 reports of non-Tech-package in the data.
6. No reports of P85D or 85D getting 136.

Someone more attuned to release management could probably draw some decent conclusions about branches/forks from that data.

Has anyone had the calendar pop up return at random times after being dismissed? I set it to show this when started, but it comes back.... Release .153
Haven't seen that one. So you click on the little 'x' that you don't want and route to your next meeting and it comes back? Right away? Or while you are driving? Is it the same meeting? Or the next one?
I don't think I've ever had it pop up after the first minute or so of driving...

Haven't seen that one. So you click on the little 'x' that you don't want and route to your next meeting and it comes back? Right away? Or while you are driving? Is it the same meeting? Or the next one?
I don't think I've ever had it pop up after the first minute or so of driving...

I dismiss the whole pop up, by clicking the X in the upper left corner of the pop up.... Sometimes after selecting a meeting, sometimes without selecting anything. The pop up returns shortly afterwards, or at some random times... Have not tracked that yet, since I'm usually driving and need to dismiss it. Happens soon after starting, rather than many miles down the road.

I dismiss the whole pop up, by clicking the X in the upper left corner of the pop up.... Sometimes after selecting a meeting, sometimes without selecting anything. The pop up returns shortly afterwards, or at some random times... Have not tracked that yet, since I'm usually driving and need to dismiss it. Happens soon after starting, rather than many miles down the road.
So this sounds almost like something that I've seen. If the calendar is open and you dismiss it right as you start the car, then maybe a minute later I sometimes get the dialog for the next meeting which I then have to dismiss again.
But not "at random times" - only within the first minute, actually, I'd say the first 45 seconds of driving. And I don't recall ever having to dismiss the same alert twice, so if the alert came up while the calendar was open and I dismissed it, then it doesn't pop up again.

So, you're saying it has to do with the actual calendar appointments that it treats as alerts... I missed that somehow. I will pay attention now and re-post if this doesn't solve the issue... thanks..

Rick

So this sounds almost like something that I've seen. If the calendar is open and you dismiss it right as you start the car, then maybe a minute later I sometimes get the dialog for the next meeting which I then have to dismiss again.
But not "at random times" - only within the first minute, actually, I'd say the first 45 seconds of driving. And I don't recall ever having to dismiss the same alert twice, so if the alert came up while the calendar was open and I dismissed it, then it doesn't pop up again.

The original behavior, of dropping the volume to 2 when the door was open worked fine and was not intrusive. The implementation of the current system is terrible.

Returning to the auto-mute discussion: I rec'd .153 a couple days ago and now if I turn off the audio completely before exiting the car it automatically starts playing when any door (incl trunk) is opened. Auto-mute has mutated to auto-play!

Edit: yesterday this was reproducible, my wife tells me that today it didn't happen.

Last edited:
Returning to the auto-mute discussion: I rec'd .153 a couple days ago and now if I turn off the audio completely before exiting the car it automatically starts playing when any door (incl trunk) is opened. Auto-mute has mutated to auto-play!
I think my S behaved that way before I got V6.2 two days ago.

Or perhaps I do not understand what you mean by "turn off the audio completely "?

One bug I noticed today: when driving in moderate to heavy rain, the blind spot warning chimes every time I change lanes. Even though there is never a car there. I think the sonar is mistaking raindrops for a car. Funny thing is that the white blind spot indicator isn't lit, but the warning sound (along with RED indicator lines) appear as soon as the car starts moving over.

OK, I'm calling this a bug!

This clocks on console and dash displays both have a gratuitous "0" zero in the tens of hours digit, when it should be blank.
This is not military time, otherwise, I'd understand.

Before 6.2 the time would display like this, 8:32 am <<<----- MUCH PREFERRED TESLA!!

Now, with 6.2, time displays in both places like this, 08:32 am <<<---- semi-military style... kinda dumb for human drivers

It's the first thing my son noticed after the upgrade yesterday, "Why is there a zero in the time now?"

There shouldn't be.

It actually takes my eyes slightly longer to read time and have to filter out the first 0.

Hope this bug is taken out soon.

Last edited:
One bug I noticed today: when driving in moderate to heavy rain, the blind spot warning chimes every time I change lanes. Even though there is never a car there. I think the sonar is mistaking raindrops for a car. Funny thing is that the white blind spot indicator isn't lit, but the warning sound (along with RED indicator lines) appear as soon as the car starts moving over.
It sometimes rains here in Oregon. I've had this happen a couple of times, but definitely not EVERY time I change lanes.

OK, I'm calling this a bug!

This clocks on console and dash displays both have a gratuitous "0" zero in the tens of hours digit, when it should be blank.
This is not military time, otherwise, I'd understand.

Before 6.2 the time would display like this, 8:32 am <<<----- MUCH PREFERRED TESLA!!

Now, with 6.2, time displays in both places like this, 08:32 am <<<---- semi-military style... kinda dumb for human drivers

It's the first thing my son noticed after the upgrade yesterday, "Why is there a zero in the time now?"

There shouldn't be.

It actually takes my eyes slightly longer to read time and have to filter out the first 0.

Hope this bug is taken out soon.

Yup...same here.
And it would be so easy to fix. 2 possible ways :
1) If AM/PM is selected, and 0 is the far left digit, only display the 3 right digits.
0r
2) If AM/PM is selected and 0 is the far left digit, color the far left digit to be grey (the same color as the bar, so we can't see it).

There's no mystery for fixing a bug like the clock display leading zero.

Tesla doesn't have to fake anything out, they own the code, and had it right pre-6.2.

Simply don't include a pre-pended zero in the display string, make it a space.

If offering a display setting option to the user for 12hr/24hr clock choice... then, having a leading zero on 24hr display is proper "military style" to show and pronounce leading zero for hours < 10:00 (which is always a.m. on a 24 clock).

If Tesla wants to stick with military style then they should also drop the "a.m." "p.m." thing on the end if a user has made the setting selection for 24 clock.

Right now, time display straddles the two styles. MAYBE clock is now displaying "Tesla Time" or "Elon Time" (things run slower than expected).

Someone mixed something up in the code.

Put it back to the way it was please!

There's no mystery for fixing a bug like the clock display leading zero.

Tesla doesn't have to fake anything out, they own the code, and had it right pre-6.2.

Simply don't include a pre-pended zero in the display string, make it a space.

If offering a display setting option to the user for 12hr/24hr clock choice... then, having a leading zero on 24hr display is proper "military style" to show and pronounce leading zero for hours < 10:00 (which is always a.m. on a 24 clock).

If Tesla wants to stick with military style then they should also drop the "a.m." "p.m." thing on the end if a user has made the setting selection for 24 clock.

Right now, time display straddles the two styles. MAYBE clock is now displaying "Tesla Time" or "Elon Time" (things run slower than expected).

Someone mixed something up in the code.

Put it back to the way it was please!

This should be around #53 on the priority list. Sure correct it, but it's beyond a #firstworldproblem.

I'm noticing it in .153 but I'm not sure if it's that new.

I have a habit (2+ years) of pausing Slacker when I leave the car. When I return to the car, I resume playing as part of my sequence of getting underway. I'm pretty rigorous about it. I do a lot of "save this song for the next drive" -- which is very handy with the buffering when you park underground (out of 3G range).

I've noticed (mostly not underground) that lately when I return to the car Slacker has already resumed (and sometimes is playing a different song than I left). Anybody else run into this?

Edit: yesterday this was reproducible, my wife tells me that today it didn't happen.
Ahem. ;)