TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Bugs in Tail Light!

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by Electricfan, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Anybody had this issue besides me? Going in for my annual service tomorrow and asked them to remove the bugs and seal it so they can't get in. They didn't do it the last time they had the car so we'll see if they can this time.

photo (4).JPG

2. nkohlimd

nkohlimd Member

Have the same problem last week. Tried to suck the bugs out. After that didn't work, they replaced both lights. Good luck.

3. Electricfan

Electricfan Member

Thanks nkohlimd, did they replace them under warranty?

4. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

A year ago, I had the backup lights re-sealed due to moisture getting in. After that, I no longer had moisture, but dirt was getting inside. They re-did the seals again with a supposedly re-designed seal last week. Not sure how much of the lens they remove to do this, but it may be possible to pop it open, remove the bugs and re-seal with the new and improved seals.

5. MikeC

MikeC Active Member

I had a tiny fly in one of my tail lights. They replaced the light under warranty.

6. nkohlimd

nkohlimd Member

Same. Mine were replaced under warranty