Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Build quality and frustrating service experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nearly three months ago, I was driving on a highway at about 80mph and needed to pass another car doing slightly less than that. This is a very nice highway with no debris or imperfections (in Arizona), in the middle of my pass, the aerodynamic underbody plastic open up like a gaped mouth. I stopped the car and saw that the plastic had broken off clean from the driver's side front and was now hanging off the front. I cut the lingering part of the plastic with my pocket knife and finished the drive home. The car is not drivable because there is more plastic hanging from the bottom and so the car has been parked in my garage for nearly almost three months.

I scheduled an appointment immediately and got one for a two weeks later. Since then however, the date keeps moving 10 days at a time and as of right now the date is in september. This is a brand new car, depreciating, parked in the garage, not usable and Tesla has not responded to any of my comments in the app, haven't responded to any voicemails or calls and won't do anything to address the extremely frustrating experience for a customer who is on their third tesla (a model s plaid by the way).

This is in addition to the lies about autopilot (this is my third car and 5th year of tesla ownership and I have always paid for FSD or autopilot but haven't seen it, the beta program, while I am enrolled in it, penalizes me for the car's own stupid mistakes during autosteer, like braking hard at shadows of bridges and overpasses for example). Oh and don't even get me started on the rattling center console or rear seats.

Is there anything I can do to get the attention of powers that be? Are there any other avenues for me to pursue? I really like the car, I love the fact that we have this made in america success story but I am extremely frustrated by the service experience. Please help.

Buy a Honda and be happy. Tesla is not for you. You say the car is not driveable, yet I'd bet I could drive it, and I wonder why Tesla won't answer ANY of your calls or voicemails. Can you drive to the SC?? The Tesla SC near me handles calls and makes appointments every day. Strange the SC doesn't want to deal with you.

My car has braked at shadows, too. But this was on a two-way road with hills and curves, while the instructions clearly state FSD was for four lane (two each way) highways. And YOU, with superior intelligence (to your car) should already be aware of the braking problems, and know they are being corrected, and that you might ought to not use FSD if you're not sure how it will respond.

In other words, buy a Honda. Your insurance should cover the damage to your present car, and someone will be happy to buy it at a reduced price.

The braking occurred on a highway with more than four lanes. I have been to the service center and they helped with cutting some plastic but didn’t have any eta on plastic and the car is not drivable because it would damage the remaining hanging plastic. My issue is that the app and service phone don’t respond or provide an accurate ETA. Thanks for your thoughtfulness and helpful response.

Nearly three months ago, I was driving on a highway at about 80mph and needed to pass another car doing slightly less than that. This is a very nice highway with no debris or imperfections (in Arizona), in the middle of my pass, the aerodynamic underbody plastic open up like a gaped mouth. I stopped the car and saw that the plastic had broken off clean from the driver's side front and was now hanging off the front. I cut the lingering part of the plastic with my pocket knife and finished the drive home. The car is not drivable because there is more plastic hanging from the bottom and so the car has been parked in my garage for nearly almost three months.

I scheduled an appointment immediately and got one for a two weeks later. Since then however, the date keeps moving 10 days at a time and as of right now the date is in september. This is a brand new car, depreciating, parked in the garage, not usable and Tesla has not responded to any of my comments in the app, haven't responded to any voicemails or calls and won't do anything to address the extremely frustrating experience for a customer who is on their third tesla (a model s plaid by the way).

This is in addition to the lies about autopilot (this is my third car and 5th year of tesla ownership and I have always paid for FSD or autopilot but haven't seen it, the beta program, while I am enrolled in it, penalizes me for the car's own stupid mistakes during autosteer, like braking hard at shadows of bridges and overpasses for example). Oh and don't even get me started on the rattling center console or rear seats.

Is there anything I can do to get the attention of powers that be? Are there any other avenues for me to pursue? I really like the car, I love the fact that we have this made in america success story but I am extremely frustrated by the service experience. Please help.
Tesla needs to come a long way with Service accountability. As long as demand is greater than supply both quality and service will not improve because they don’t have to.

I received my 2022 Model Y in March 2022. It has no defects at all. I love this car....but service is my concern if an when I need it. I have read numerous articles of the service or lack of it people are getting from the Tesla's Service Centers. If I do need service am I going to wait 4-6 months + for service? Another question is do the people at these service centers know what they are doing when working a Tesla? Off this subject on to my wheel covers. This vehicle is a very expensive car. If so why did they put plastic wheel covers on the wheels? I know....I could have spent an additional $2,000.00-$4,000.00 for wheels. For the price of this vehicle in my opinion it should have come with wheels fitting this luxury car. Unless someone can help me understand what I am to do when I need service or an accident I am considering selling this car. Once again I will say I love my Tesla but I have never had a problem with service with my gas vehicles. Maybe someone out there knows of certified service centers that will work on my Tesla if needed. I live in the Denver, CO area. Please advise