Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Build quality -- the fascia

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Edmunds guys sounded like a tool to me. I have not driven the car and look forward to it. He made sure we all knew about his experience and then he bitched about having Mercedes parts. I am not unhappy about Mercedes parts. Last I checked they have a world-wide reputation for quality. What a jerk. These were not used Yugo parts. They were from Mercedes. I stopped listening then. His snooty opinion was worthless.

Figment of their imagination (that is was coming from the body panels...aka "fascia") as I doubt that would sound like "creaks"; Would be more speed sensitive "rattling" or "flapping". I'd bet that it's so quiet (<40dBa) that they were hearing the leather "creak" or their recording gear.

The Edmunds guys sounded like a tool to me. I have not driven the car and look forward to it. He made sure we all knew about his experience and then he bitched about having Mercedes parts. I am not unhappy about Mercedes parts. Last I checked they have a world-wide reputation for quality. What a jerk. These were not used Yugo parts. They were from Mercedes. I stopped listening then. His snooty opinion was worthless.

Snooty?

I think you are being very kind.

I would also call it SNOTTY.

Clearly a Brit with a chip on his shoulder.

What a "tool". :)

Snooty?

I think you are being very kind.

I would also call it SNOTTY.

Clearly a Brit with a chip on his shoulder.

What a "tool". :)

But did you notice in the video, near the end, when he punched the accelerator? He giggled. I don't blame him; one of the reasons that I haven't, and won't, put up the video that I took during our drive is that it's full of me giggling in the background. Yes, the Model S turned me into a 5 year old again!

Dolphin swam fast and silent! except whimpers and squeals from the rear:wink:

The Journalist in question sounds like a TURD
Everything he says is put out there to sound negative or positive maybe depending on your position towards Tesla

' I'm not saying the Tesla Model S isn't refined '

Go fUrself and just say The Model S is pretty damn refined
better yet, no, just keep everything twisted and stay away from Tesla please!

Does anyone remember how poorly Edmunds screwed up the pricing, options and colors when the information was released?

To mess up half the options and everything is unforgivable.

Maybe Edmunds just does not like Tesla period and just trying to find flaws.