TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Building Cars Live

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by DriverOne, Mar 20, 2016.

1. DriverOne

DriverOne Member

Maybe I just missed this when it came out. But for those of us who haven't/can't do a Tesla factory tour, this BBC tour of the Mini factory is great.

I found it via Asymcar's latest podcast episode which basically starting by poo-pooing reporters going ga-ga over the Tesla factory. All big car factories look like the Tesla factory.

2. 9837264723849

9837264723849 Member

"This video contains content from BBC Worldwide, who has blocked it on copyright grounds."

3. DJung

DJung Member

#3 DJung, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    I think Tesla's Fremont Factory doesn't look like other factories at least in terms of appearance and design. Tesla has the white epoxy floors and white walls with natural sunlight coming from skylights on the ceiling. Photos I've seen of other manufacturing facilities such as Mercedes has a much darker and more industrial type feel to it. Also Tesla has the signature Tesla red robots versus the standard orange colored robots. I know that SpaceX's factory has the same design as well (except themed blue instead of red).

Tesla:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mercedes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]