Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Building Cars Live

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I just missed this when it came out. But for those of us who haven't/can't do a Tesla factory tour, this BBC tour of the Mini factory is great.

I found it via Asymcar's latest podcast episode which basically starting by poo-pooing reporters going ga-ga over the Tesla factory. All big car factories look like the Tesla factory.

I found it via Asymcar's latest podcast episode which basically starting by poo-pooing reporters going ga-ga over the Tesla factory. All big car factories look like the Tesla factory.

I think Tesla's Fremont Factory doesn't look like other factories at least in terms of appearance and design. Tesla has the white epoxy floors and white walls with natural sunlight coming from skylights on the ceiling. Photos I've seen of other manufacturing facilities such as Mercedes has a much darker and more industrial type feel to it. Also Tesla has the signature Tesla red robots versus the standard orange colored robots. I know that SpaceX's factory has the same design as well (except themed blue instead of red).

Tesla:
7398173736_4f58174fd9_b.jpg

7408451314_e0c3faeaaa_b.jpg

Mercedes:
mercedes-assembly-line.jpg

2015-Mercedes-GLA-assembly-line-enters-local-CKD-assembly.jpg

Last edited: