Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Building my hot rod Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe I'm the weird one here, but I'd rather have more of the go-fast goodies, and less of the ooh-ahh tech geegaws, price being an object. Here are the things I definitely want:

- Performance Dual Motor option
- Ability to activate AutoPilot at purchase or in future
- 225+ mile range
- SiriusXM option

Don't care about:

- Glass roof
- Matte paint
- Massaging seats
- Leather/Alcantara/Vegan Leather dashboard

How do you want to configure your Model 3?

I'd get pretty much everything, except leatherized seating, if I could. I think that cloth/textile seating is more compliant and comfortable. Even 'soft' leather seems a bit on the cold, hard side to me. I'd probably end up with SiriusXM in the car as part of a package. I would not be going with an aftermarket sound system, so I might as well get the best one available from Tesla. As I said before elsewhere, I hope the interior options go beyond the 'black hole' experience. I prefer lighter tones instead of black, gray, and grey carpeting. I could probably live with the big, offset wheels and tires. I'd just have to budget for replacements and repairs, knowing full well those might take place a lot more often than on other cars I've owned. In aftermarket I would probably get a nice clear protective film on the bodywork, tint the windows very slightly in the rear and sides in a sort of bronze/tan shade, and potentially replace the carpet for interior, frunk, and trunk with a nice durable tan color if the 'black hole' experience is mandatory. I would not black out the chrome, I like it. Wheels would be the standard ones in silver. The car would of course be RED on the outside, with tan seating, even if it had to be leather.

I'm hoping to get panaramic roof {not to be confused with a sunroof that opens} and a color I like. Price dependent, I might get the bio-defense filtration system because it just sounds awesome to me. I'm pretty much satisfied that everything else I want will be on the base car. I mostly agree with Red Sage on a lighter color interior, just not if it had to be leather.

Oh yes, and while I'm picking it up, I'd like to buy a wall charger. {I didn't think to ask the folks in the Tesla store I visited if they kept a few of those in stock in case a new owner failed to order one ahead of time.....}

Reactions: Red Sage
I'd get pretty much everything, except leatherized seating, if I could. I think that cloth/textile seating is more compliant and comfortable. Even 'soft' leather seems a bit on the cold, hard side to me. I'd probably end up with SiriusXM in the car as part of a package. I would not be going with an aftermarket sound system, so I might as well get the best one available from Tesla. As I said before elsewhere, I hope the interior options go beyond the 'black hole' experience. I prefer lighter tones instead of black, gray, and grey carpeting. I could probably live with the big, offset wheels and tires. I'd just have to budget for replacements and repairs, knowing full well those might take place a lot more often than on other cars I've owned. In aftermarket I would probably get a nice clear protective film on the bodywork, tint the windows very slightly in the rear and sides in a sort of bronze/tan shade, and potentially replace the carpet for interior, frunk, and trunk with a nice durable tan color if the 'black hole' experience is mandatory. I would not black out the chrome, I like it. Wheels would be the standard ones in silver. The car would of course be RED on the outside, with tan seating, even if it had to be leather.
@Red Sage, have you tried the ultra white not-leather? I usually am not a huge fan of leather (especially black or tan), but absolutely love it in our X, and will definitely be getting it in my 3.

@Red Sage, have you tried the ultra white not-leather? I usually am not a huge fan of leather (especially black or tan), but absolutely love it in our X, and will definitely be getting it in my 3.
No, I haven't seen it in person. But I am encouraged by the reviews it has gotten. If a tan is available in the same material on Model ☰ I won't be agin' it.

No, I haven't seen it in person. But I am encouraged by the reviews it has gotten. If a tan is available in the same material on Model ☰ I won't be agin' it.
They really should make it the default "leather" for all colors (and have real leather by special request for people that just can't part with it - but probably not on the 3). Not because I feel especially bad for cows or anything, it just really is that much softer, easier to clean, and according to how Tesla describes it in the Design Studio nowadays, the most resilient.

Maybe I'm the weird one here, but I'd rather have more of the go-fast goodies, and less of the ooh-ahh tech geegaws, price being an object. Here are the things I definitely want:

- Performance Dual Motor option
- Ability to activate AutoPilot at purchase or in future
- 225+ mile range
- SiriusXM option

Don't care about:

- Glass roof
- Matte paint
- Massaging seats
- Leather/Alcantara/Vegan Leather dashboard

How do you want to configure your Model 3?
All options checked.

- Enhanced Autopilot. I'll upgrade to FSD a year or two later.
- Dual motors and upgraded battery if reasonably priced.
- Cloth seats. Leather is painful here in Phoenix in June. Although, ventilated front seats might be a good choice...
- Don't need no Sirius, air suspension, UHF sound, glass roof, bioweapon defense mode, sub-zero, dual chargers, Ludicrous mode.
- Aftermarket Bugs Bunny vinyl teeth for the nose...

/frank

Well, I'll have to see how much the options are when I get the email invitation to start configuring my car. I think I'm probably going to have to put a hard ceiling at around $50k.
Much like yourself...I'm going to put a hard celling - except in my case its going to be a hard celling at "all buttons checked".

I'm serious...nothing more than everything.:)