Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Building my own pseudo(Powerwall)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you go the back feeding generator route, make ABSOLUTELY sure you have a way to island the house. Usually something as simple as an interlock kit will do the trick.

Last thing you want is the grid coming back up while the generator is feeding the house.
Indeed. The same way you would do with mobile generator and not t blow up everything. 😎 Following safe and best practices are still a requirement

I have not been on that forum for a while. I have finished my Solar Setup along with the Battery Backup.

I am using a AC Coupled System with 22 Enphase inverters and 2 SMA 6048 Sunny Island.
I am also using the same Transfer Switch panel that has been talked about in that thread.

I have current sensors at every branch of the Panel.

I am experiencing a strange behavior.

When the ATS is in bypass mode and not going through the inverter, the current sensors/monitoring are reporting the current direction correctly on both the critical load and the non critical load side.

When the ATS is in inverter mode, the current sensors are reporting the current direction correctly on the critical load but they are reporting inverse current on the non critical side including the Main branch. I checked the Grid Meter and I guess it is not using current sensor as it is reporting the flow of the current properly (When excess current, report negative power - going to grid)

I have attached pictures illustrating both scheme.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on ?

Thank you,

Attachments

• ATS Bypass.png
    ATS Bypass.png
    150 KB · Views: 79
  • ATS Inverter.png
    ATS Inverter.png
    154.1 KB · Views: 56
  • Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
I have added a couple of other pictures showing more details about the setup
Where are the voltage sense wires for the Current Monitor connected (not the CTs)? Presumably on the Critical Loads side.

In Bypass Mode, measure the voltage between the Critical Load side and the Non-Critical Load side, on the same phase. If not zero, then the AC1 phase wires are reversed.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D