Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Built in Austin? Look for the "A" in VIN digit 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You won't get an Austin car, based on what they are producing right now. It's a different model from what you ordered. So no one will get an Austin MY until 1) they open up orders for the AWD SR; 2) they start making LR/P with the 4680's at Austin; 3) they go to current order holders and ask if they want to change their model to the AWD SR. So all of the folks 'crossing their fingers' are going to be SOL until one of the above happens, IMHO.
One of the reasons that with technology trying to wait for the latest and greatest can backfire. This holding out for things doesn't seem to be working out well. Holding for the tax break, holding for 4680s...if you can take delivery, take it, and enjoy the ride.

Why does your signature say 4680? Do you have reliable confirmation about the battery chemistry on your (from your signature) yet to be delivered MYP?
IMO... 2170 vs. 4680 should not be a deal breaker. Yes we ALL want 4680 but keep in mind that 2170 battery package already has 10+ yrs of practical, reliable data. No one know what kind of bugs 4680 has. I think it's safer to wait for the 2nd generation of 4680

You won't get an Austin car, based on what they are producing right now. It's a different model from what you ordered. So no one will get an Austin MY until 1) they open up orders for the AWD SR; 2) they start making LR/P with the 4680's at Austin; 3) they go to current order holders and ask if they want to change their model to the AWD SR. So all of the folks 'crossing their fingers' are going to be SOL until one of the above happens, IMHO.
Per my post above yours with data from the earnings call, your point 2 should read “they start making LR/P with 2170s at Austin.“ This will happen before 4680 LR/P.

Based on the initial SR AWD Y data, it appears a LR/P 4680 will not happen or will not be beneficial in terms of extra range. My guess is 4680 will be onky for SR Y and CT/Semi. 2170 for LR/P Y so Austin and Fremont will produce identical vehicles and there will not be a need to refit Fremont production line.