Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Built in Austin? Look for the "A" in VIN digit 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Austin is not starting with MYP. None of the test builds have been MYP. That will require additional testing before those can be built. I don’t see Tesla doing that until they are actively producing LR MY for customer orders
Austin is slated to begin deliveries before the end of Q1, so March. LR reservations are all out to June/July. A lot of discussion points to Austin pumping out Performance models first. Lower volume, higher margins, etc.

Why does your signature say 4680? Do you have reliable confirmation about the battery chemistry on your (from your signature) yet to be delivered MYP?
It's in "RED" so it's my wish to have my car built in Austin with the upgraded battery pack. I am fine with getting my car from Fremont as long as it is in great shape and has the Ryzen / Lithium battery. Haha That is my deal breaker at this point.

It's in "RED" so it's my wish to have my car built in Austin with the upgraded battery pack. I am fine with getting my car from Fremont as long as it is in great shape and has the Ryzen / Lithium battery. Haha That is my deal breaker at this point.
If this works out for you (hope it does), you know what my strategy going to be my next order. Will make sure everything on my wishlist is in my signature in "RED". :)

• Funny
Reactions: H4V0C and samori01
Austin is slated to begin deliveries before the end of Q1, so March. LR reservations are all out to June/July. A lot of discussion points to Austin pumping out Performance models first. Lower volume, higher margins, etc.
That would require test models for verification and safety testing. We have only seen models with Gemini wheels. They are required by law to be tested as equipped so they couldn’t do performance with Gemini wheels. if we start seeing those on drone vids then that is a good sign. Just because it’s lower production doesn’t mean they will start with them.

it will make the most sense to start with the model you want to ramp up so there aren’t any changes. Only making LR in Austin and doing MYP from Fremont means the higher margin vehicle absorbs the higher shipping cost and Austin can focus on one model with no part swaps.

Reactions: samori01
Had the Model 3 in for service today and stopped by sales to talk about our new Model Y. We have a freemont VIN assigned (after 2 holds) and she said the system would immediately cancel the order if she released this car. The good news for others, bad for me, she verified they have assigned Austin VINs in transit and scheduled for delivery over the next few weeks.

We're in Raleigh, NC.

Had the Model 3 in for service today and stopped by sales to talk about our new Model Y. We have a freemont VIN assigned (after 2 holds) and she said the system would immediately cancel the order if she released this car. The good news for others, bad for me, she verified they have assigned Austin VINs in transit and scheduled for delivery over the next few weeks.

We're in Raleigh, NC.
She say how many? If they are scheduled then hopefully someone on here is lucky to get one and share.

Seems odd they have assigned VINs in transit but no news whether the factory is even certified to produce cars for customers.

Reactions: DrGriz

We're in Raleigh, NC.
Interesting. Hope it's true! The truck of MYPs pictured yesterday sure looked like customer deliveries and not cars for testing, but who knows. There's a chance those cars were made in Fremont, shipped to Austin for some sort of comparison and then sent away.

She say how many? If they are scheduled then hopefully someone on here is lucky to get one and share.

Seems odd they have assigned VINs in transit but no news whether the factory is even certified to produce cars for customers.
I agree and assumed someone would have screenshared an Austin VIN if they were assigned. But also realize many people don't know or care if they have an F or A.

Ordered in September, MYLR, got my VIN assigned 2/12, it's Fremont. Advisor says no new battery 4680 has entered production yet. I heard from a youtuber that new 4680 will be used on new or refreshed MY single motor rear wheel drive only for now.

Drone footage is now showing Model Y cars lined up outside the Austin factory, and more being assembled inside. Perhaps we're almost there.

According to InsideEVs, the build factory is digit 11 of the VIN. Digit 10 is the year, with "N" for 2022. Digit 11 is the factory, "F" for Fremont and "A" for Austin. So Austin MY should have a VIN ending in NAxxxxxx. Here's hoping someone sees the first one soon at their delivery! Add to that the new processor and 12V battery, and even the drone footage of what appears to be 4680 battery activity at Austin, looks like we're on the verge of a new generation of Y's.
Looks like they are in full production now.

Attachments

• 9E67A5C8-A0B8-4187-8C39-AD5ADDC4EFF5.jpeg
    9E67A5C8-A0B8-4187-8C39-AD5ADDC4EFF5.jpeg
    201 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: samori01 and DrGriz