Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Built in Austin? Look for the "A" in VIN digit 11

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was one with Merritt Sawyer - what were the other two? The guy with the FB post deleted it because he was tired of being harassed by people on this forum
there was a crude one here earlier, not of caliber of the fake who posted here yesterday. Then a reddit apparently yesterday from Charlotte NC, who apparently decided he had made a mistake and took that one down. How was the FB guy getting harassed here? Were people from here posting on his facebook? Shouldn’t harass him for any reason, that is as stupid as someone like that guy yesterday taking all the time to photoshop an order page with an Austin VIN. Like, really? What’s the motivation for doing that? Maybe Im dense....

I said they MAY add things on which means I am not stating facts. You are assuming that because the battery pack should weigh less that the whole car WILL weigh less. That is an assumption that the only thing they are changing is the battery and casting.

I said they MAY add things on which means I am not stating facts. You are assuming that because the battery pack should weigh less that the whole car WILL weigh less. That is an assumption that the only thing they are changing is the battery and casting.
The F/R castings bring lower weight so does the structural pack and not just because of cells. Really not debating what else is being change as the 12V battery is lower weight and the seats are insignificant in ventilated. Unless there is air suspension then the parts are not changing much on the very last iteration.

Had that exact thought. Why would they do that? If they are assigning VINs before they have certification to ship, that would be crazy.
Not really that crazy. I once had an Audi S3 that had I had the VIN for and was sitting in port but was in a containment hold waiting for a certificate of conformity which is the exact certification we’re all waiting for. It very well could be that there’s is a wide EDD because the car is built or even in transit but they don’t know when they’ll be able to release it to a customer yet.

The F/R castings bring lower weight so does the structural pack and not just because of cells. Really not debating what else is being change as the 12V battery is lower weight and the seats are insignificant in ventilated. Unless there is air suspension then the parts are not changing much on the very last iteration.
So when did they start using the rear casting in MY? 2020 curb weight reported as 4416. 2021 and 2022 is 4555 which we know the 2022 has the rear casting. Just because individual parts weigh less doesn't mean other changes won't cause the car to weigh more.

True. It might also be time to start looking at the new deliveries at your local Tesla store to see if any of the NA000*** cars show up. Snap a photo if you find one. :)
I happened to go by today, and they had 2 dealer MYs, a P and and LR. There were no other new MYs. No, there were no Austin vehicles, including mine. *sigh*

Reactions: KJD
Thanks for checking but I don't think Idaho is going to be the first place to get Austin vehicles. Likely a showroom in Texas since they won't actually be selling it so it won't need to leave the state.
Totally agree. I was (tongue in cheek) humoring @KJD. We got there early and so I looked. I think if I had found an Austin I would have fainted dead away and would have spent the afternoon in the ED instead of picking up my car! 😃

Reactions: KJD
Totally agree. I was (tongue in cheek) humoring @KJD. We got there early and so I looked. I think if I had found an Austin I would have fainted dead away and would have spent the afternoon in the ED instead of picking up my car! 😃
Yep, Utah and Idaho will be the last to get all the good stuff from Tesla.

You are correct, I would also be really surprised to find any today. However a month from now, well who knows. At some point that Texas factory needs to start producing revenue. :)

Reactions: DrGriz
So how did it go?!
The delivery went fine. I had gotten conflicting information as to whether it was AMD or Intel (first person said AMD, second one a week later said Intel). So it turned out to be the Intel and I had to decide. Trade in was all set up as was the loan. I really didn't want to turn it down and maybe get another one assigned a day or a month later with paint scuffs or panel problems and who knows what else. Maybe another Intel. Other than one trim alignment I found, which might still be in spec, the car was otherwise perfect.

If I had been told right away it was Intel, I might have declined it, but I really didn't want to walk away at this point. I can always trade up in a couple of years if it turns out to be a pain, but really, all the cars I have had had none of that. So it's all good!
🍺

The delivery went fine. I had gotten conflicting information as to whether it was AMD or Intel (first person said AMD, second one a week later said Intel). So it turned out to be the Intel and I had to decide. Trade in was all set up as was the loan. I really didn't want to turn it down and maybe get another one assigned a day or a month later with paint scuffs or panel problems and who knows what else. Maybe another Intel. Other than one trim alignment I found, which might still be in spec, the car was otherwise perfect.

If I had been told right away it was Intel, I might have declined it, but I really didn't want to walk away at this point. I can always trade up in a couple of years if it turns out to be a pain, but really, all the cars I have had had none of that. So it's all good!
🍺

I owned a demo 2021 MYLR from mid-Oct with Intel and now a 2022 MYLR with AMD and I don't notice a difference. Maybe if I used YouTube, played games, etc.

I do notice a slight difference between the 20" and 19" handling. Efficiency-wise... TeslaFi reports almost the exact same Wh/mile for the same highway drives. So maybe the AMD power draw + 19" is the same as Intel + 20" ?

So why do some of the outbound cars from Fremont have car covers? Mix of PERF and LR.

1646261229335.png

🍺
What is your build date?