Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Built-In Charger Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else had problems with the internal charger going out in the car? Last night I plugged my car in. No ring light and the dash just said the charger port was open and to plug in. Took it to the service center and they said the charger was bad. Asked if its happened before, he said it was rare. Wondering how rare it is.

• Funny
Reactions: DillyBop
Mine is in the Dallas service center today. They can't Supercharge or charge via UMC/L2. What did it turn out to be for you? How long did they take to fix it?

Once I gave them the green light, a day. Built in charging unit died, but no explanation why. Think everyone had thought mine was old. Personally though it should be considered part of the drive train though.

Once I gave them the green light, a day. Built in charging unit died, but no explanation why. Think everyone had thought mine was old. Personally though it should be considered part of the drive train though.

Thanks. Just got a text from SC that they will be replacing my on-board charger. Maybe even get my car back same day. So far it's been a good experience (not over yet). I especially appreciate the excellent communication skills of the staff at the SC.