Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Built Model 3 FS - No Premium (Los Angeles)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all. I ordered a Model 3 a couple weeks ago which should be received in a few weeks according to what I'm seeing from everyone else. The car is built with EAP, Tri-coat blue and premium wheels.

Long story short, Tesla wouldn't let me out of my S lease so a month ago I decided to put my S up on Turo to see if it could offset it's payment. It did that and more and so I bought another car to rent and then I thought, hey, I'm going to rent the 3 too! But now I'm see that everyone has that same idea and the rental rates on the 3's are coming down to the point where I can buy a $30,000 car that will rent out for the same money as the 3 and I'd have less money tied up. So the math doesn't make sense for me any more. Too much info, I know.

So here's the deal. I just want out of it. I'm not looking for a premium. I believe the way people are transferring reservations is they're adding the name of the person they're transferring to onto the paperwork as an owner. This way the buyer would get the applicable credits, not me. All I want is the $3500 I have sunk into it in the form of deposits which you'd be getting back since that's applied towards the cost of the car. It's a bit of a logistical headache compared to just buying from Tesla but if you're in SoCal and you're not due to receive your car for some time it would be a way to get into a car now without paying any extra and still be able to capture the credits. Win. Win. Win.

Interested? Shoot me a line or respond here.

Just got off the phone with Tesla and they told me that the process of transferring it would be to wait until the VIN is assigned and then when they reach out for delivery details just let them know that I'm letting someone else take over the purchase. You'd give them your info at that point and be responsible for the car. So it's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

So if someone wants a 3 now... here you go.

Just got off the phone with Tesla and they told me that the process of transferring it would be to wait until the VIN is assigned and then when they reach out for delivery details just let them know that I'm letting someone else take over the purchase. You'd give them your info at that point and be responsible for the car. So it's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be.

So if someone wants a 3 now... here you go.

Wow, I thought they had a strict policy about not allowing this.

Wow, I thought they had a strict policy about not allowing this.

I think at the end of the day Tesla will take anyone's money who's willing to give it to them but they do want to at least appear to be doing what they can to make things fair. I'm not trying to make any money here and I can certainly understand why they'd want to prevent people from trying to sell reservations/ builds.

Still nobody. Lots and lots of people saying they want it and then poof.I thought I was doing the community a favor by passing it along for nothing but now I'm thinking I'm just going to toss the reservation on Craigslist for a few thousand like everyone else or buy the car and sell it.

Can you show the sticker?
I guess people prefer to buy reservations and cash the 10k discounts..

That's the thing. You still get the credit with this. Whoever takes the car over would be the first and only registered owner.

Still nobody. Lots and lots of people saying they want it and then poof.I thought I was doing the community a favor by passing it along for nothing but now I'm thinking I'm just going to toss the reservation on Craigslist for a few thousand like everyone else or buy the car and sell it.

That's the thing. You still get the credit with this. Whoever takes the car over would be the first and only registered owner.

Hi Mike - Sent you the contract. Let's bring this baby home.