Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bulb EV Tariff

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Bulb are currently trialling a new EV tariff.

4p/kWh for 4 hours between 2am-6am, 20p/kWh at other times. Their app should provide the ability to schedule charging, view the cars battery and charging status using the Tesla API and will track costs for car charging too.

Haven't done the math but wonder if, compared to Octopus Go, the 1p reduction over the 4 hours you could charge your car may be enough to offset the 6p increase of the day rate? Could possibly work out better for high milers.

I'll replace the Bulb offering in the calculator once this is live, can't see this being much better tbh, one of the EDF deals is 4.5p off peak for 5 hours and 17 something pence in the day, which isn't as cheap as Go, the day usage adds up a fair bit even at the daily UK average of 9kWh.

That isn't a renewable policy though like Bulb offer.

Anyone know what the daily standing charge is?
Go is 25p/day
if it were a similar rate and having a Powerwall it works out about £40 pa cheaper for me
i used 1220 units off peak and 189 units peak last year at a cost of £218

Anyone know what the daily standing charge is?
Go is 25p/day
if it were a similar rate and having a Powerwall it works out about £40 pa cheaper for me
i used 1220 units off peak and 189 units peak last year at a cost of £218
Good point, don't know about the EV tariff but if it's the same as their standard tariff then it's 20.8666p per day.

They must. How else are they going to time the cheaper tariff?
As above, Economy 7, which is a radio signal. However this is about to be turned off - but I live in a very remote spot which has no 2G/3G/4G signal at all.... nothing. So a smart meter won't work. I am looking to move supplier but don't want to have to go through the rigmarole of having them insist on a meter guy coming around when I know it won't work.

As above, Economy 7, which is a radio signal. However this is about to be turned off - but I live in a very remote spot which has no 2G/3G/4G signal at all.... nothing. So a smart meter won't work. I am looking to move supplier but don't want to have to go through the rigmarole of having them insist on a meter guy coming around when I know it won't work.
Didn't know about the economy 7 switch off. I better get in gear at my mums house as she's still running some old economy 7 meters.