Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bull $tsla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A great time to buy more shares today...@240ish

Just some random thoughts

1. Electrification is going to happen and has been happening, the S-curve will be a non linear growth (link, Tony Seba)
2. Q1 was an anomaly as many cars in transit to europe
3. The DNA of tsla is unparalleled in the auto industry its literally like 5 companies in one ( cars, software, data, taxi, insurance, ....+++)
4. VW and other competitors are discounting EVs they cant sell any, Audi and Benz are going to have a tough time. They have been trying for 8 years and have not produced anything. Currently $4k discount on $33k eGolf.
5. MaxWell purchase set to close in May, will boost stock. Ultracapcitors as cache between motors and battery will extend life of batteries during regenerationan and charging. Tesla will have a huge competitve advantage, plus longer range and lower cost, more efficient motors and batteries
6. 13k superchargers world wide(MOAT), and the user experience is bar none. This will also become a revenue stream at some point. Half the cost of gas, provides tremendous value for customers.
7. The future Tesla will get into other business as they are completely vertically aligned.

Tesla is a great company to invest in.

But the market is irrational at the moment (and has been for years).

Normal methods of valuation do not pertain to TSLA; one day the market will catch up. Today is not that day - and it might take longer than one thinks.

So be careful with TSLA. Unleveraged long term investments are welcome.

As Musk said, paraphrasing: If you can't take the volatility, don't invest in the stock.

Long term all will be well (or I will be broke).

I’m super long TSLA, have been in since 2013. But the price movements of the last 2 years have been insanely frustrating to say the least. I continued buying too, 275, 289, 306. Still made a killing overall but hard to keep the long mentality sometimes when you’re underwater on a few of those purchases.

Uber valuation is $90 billion...that’s laughable to me. Look at where TSLA is now.

Reactions: evalst2018
20k pre orders on the etron, 10k on the vw...Model 3 had 350k preorders in 1 week.

Everyone wants a Tesla...they need to come out with a product that starts with the number $2x,xxx as a base price with 150-200 mile range. Margins on Insurance can be crazy good, especially if the car is recording the driving habits of the driver, and if the car is self driving well, potentially even less risky to insure.

I can see the $4k-$7k Ark Investment valuation in 5 years. 2009-2017 were just the startup days of Tesla...2018 and beyond is when they will deliver the results.