Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bullet proof Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure everything they do is custom but there is some strange things for sure. The firewall and radiator. They mention 19" wheels and show 21". They mention Bioweapon Defense Mode and show a pre-refresh MS.

The big question is; how much does it add to the weight?

The "International Armoring Company" is offering to take your Model S and bulletproof it.

Bulletproof Tesla Model S

Interesting, in the details they include "Armored battery, radiator, firewall, front fenders." Wonder if I could get a discount for them to forgo the radiator and firewall bulletproofing?

The firewall is a traditional term for the barrier between the cabin and engine compartment (frunk) - armoring it still seems useful/relevant.

A radiator hit will stop a Tesla, too - when the battery and drive motors overheat (which may take a while, depending on the environment and how you're driving.)

The "International Armoring Company" is offering to take your Model S and bulletproof it.

Bulletproof Tesla Model S

Interesting, in the details they include "Armored battery, radiator, firewall, front fenders." Wonder if I could get a discount for them to forgo the radiator and firewall bulletproofing?
I live in Chicago. I wonder if they can protect my M3? I'm going to call them and get a price quote.

Have there been sufficient advances in ballistic glass such that it looks and fits in the original apertures? And what about the pano?

Not so sure I'd want run-flats, but given the overall point and purpose of the exercise, I suppose those would make some sense.

What's up with the 2-year warranty listed at left in their product page (see link above)?

This is an interesting proposition when traveling with high-profile clients and their people, which is to say their bodyguard(s) - who for some reason resist being put in the trunk or frunk.

Although it would seem most of the company's business would entail Model X rather than S in part for that reason (The X holds more people more comfortably).

@Garlan - Please do share what you end up with for a quote. There might be a market for a small fleet of these in Los Angeles - analogous to fractional jet usage.