Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bummer - Three weeks on train?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We all know how Tesla has batched things in the past for expediency and other reasons. A new model - yeah, I'd think the first batch would be west coast because that just makes sense on so many levels. How many in that first batch/batches - I've not a clue.

Agree that there's a certain amount of batching that should and will take place. However, it's not possible to batch local production cars ahead of Sigs and I'd assume the Sigs are spread most all over the place. Also don't forget that deliveries and VINs become public on the forums very quickly and Tesla can do some batching but couldn't prioritize California customers too much without ticking off customers in the rest of the country.

Once we're in Q4 I think Tesla will prioritize the fastest method of shipping anyway, there's public guidance of 55k deliveries to meet before year end.

My DS(very nice and immediately responsive) just wrote me today, (in response to a separate question regarding the recent change in 0-60 times and HP for the 85D on the website)
"The good news though your Model S has completed production and is in transit to our rail yard location. Your Model S will be transported across the United State by rail to ensure its safety. Once your Model S arrives in New Jersey it will be transported to our Tyco Road(Tyson's Corner/ NOVA) Rail transportation usually takes about 21 days, once your Model S arrives in New Jersey, I will coordinate with our logistics team and we will schedule your delivery date at our Tyco Road location."
so same here, three weeks, 21 days, order confirmed on 6/27, VIN 95,293. However my delivery reads for August, and New Jersey as the hub. From Jersey hub by truck.
I figure I've waited three years to buy a Tesla, I can wait a few more weeks...although this feels like torture...

baxiii, I think I'm in the same boat (or train) as you. However, the "My tesla" site still says "Late July" for me.
Out of curiousity does yours say July or August?

baxiii, I think I'm in the same boat (or train) as you. However, the "My tesla" site still says "Late July" for me.
Out of curiousity does yours say July or August?
bmc, mine says August. Was hoping for earlier, but with about 9 days left in July, looks like it will be Aug. If going by 21 days from the train is accurate, mine should be in around Aug 6, as my status was updated on July 16th to read "Your Model S is in transit from the factory". Good luck with you delivery, post when you get yours scheduled.
-BP3

bmc, mine says August. Was hoping for earlier, but with about 9 days left in July, looks like it will be Aug. If going by 21 days from the train is accurate, mine should be in around Aug 6, as my status was updated on July 16th to read "Your Model S is in transit from the factory". Good luck with you delivery, post when you get yours scheduled.
-BP3
My car for Rockville entered the "In transit" system yesterday and my DS told me that is should "start moving" in the next 48 hours and a 25 day process...my delivery is still listed as Late August...definitely a "long and windy road" to get here.

Woodturnerdude My 70D has been stuck in production since July 13th with a conformation on July 4. I think something must have happened. I checked my delivery estimate and now says August delivery was late July. It's frustrating to see people who ordered after me already setting up delivery dates. I was hoping to receive it next week but I don't think so now. Emailed my DS on July 20 and was told that I still had a late July delivery.

Woodturnerdude My 70D has been stuck in production since July 13th with a conformation on July 4. I think something must have happened. I checked my delivery estimate and now says August delivery was late July. It's frustrating to see people who ordered after me already setting up delivery dates. I was hoping to receive it next week but I don't think so now. Emailed my DS on July 20 and was told that I still had a late July delivery.

I emailed my DS yesterday asking if there was a problem with the car since it was still in production. His reply was "There isn't a problem with your car it's just running a little behind schedule. The factory will be working to catch up production issues this week. It should be heading from the factory to the Bay area rail compound by the end of the week."

I will then have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the car to be delivered to Ohio.

My car has multi-coat red with gray NG seats (Yes, I am a Ohio State Buckeyes fan). My VIN is 96074. The wait is just about the do me in.

I stop by the store every week or so to drool all over the car.

For those who are interested here are what the routes look like:

View attachment 88080

Interesting, where did you find your rail map?
I'm actually documenting my car's rail journey over on my blog, if anyone's curious (no ad revenue there, just a fan/hobby) :)
http://teslatao.blogspot.com/

My car is following a BNSF line toward Chicago, and is in New Mexico as of today.
My DS in Cincinnati was told to expect the car in by August 3rd.
It went into "in transit" on July 19th, by the way... and it's in the upper 95,000s VIN

Seems a lot faster than the Alabama route? Very strange.

My car is following a BNSF line toward Chicago, and is in New Mexico as of today.
I may be on the same train. My car was completed July 16th and is headed to New York State.
I just got the following from my DS:

[FONT=&quot]"I have a quick update for you. The car is passing through New Mexico and should touch down July 30[SUP]th[/SUP]. This is awesome, much earlier than expected. Please allow us a couple of days to have your car detailed and inspected prior to delivery. Could we shoot for Monday, August 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] at 1 pm? Please let me know if this works for you." [/FONT]

My car changed to "in transit" on 7/6 and just arrived to the Nashville SC today for inspection. Per the DS, it reached Birmingham on 7/21. One oddity was that my original DS said on 7/13 that my car still hadn't left the factory, even with it "in transit" for a week. The new DS on 7/15 did say it the car had left the factory, but couldn't tell me when that actually occurred. So maybe the actual transit time by train is closer to 2 weeks? Just trying to find some hope for those anxiously waiting.

Oh & I'm picking up my baby Tuesday at 10AM. Woohoo!:biggrin:

My 85D has been in transit since 7/21 - updaate just went from Late August to September...all my DS told me earlier this week was update in 48 hours - now it's September - not the update I wanted. Mine must be coming by "Mule Train".

- - - Updated - - -

CSR19US - where are you getting the information about your car in order to track it? I can't even find out where mine is...