Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumper Cover Replacement Cost and Color Match

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just had my pearl white bumper cover replaced after a minor fender bender. After being told by both the service center and the authorized body shop that the bumper would need to be painted, the part arrived already painted from the factory AND the paint color is a much closer match than my previous bumper. I think the cover is a surprisingly great price at $330 already painted, but the body shop was a bit pricey at $550 to replace it. Had I known it was going to come pre-painted, I probably would have just done it myself, but now we know. See the video below for more details.

Good to know. I just waited 8 weeks to have the front fender and a couple of other parts of my Model S replaced after a ding. About 5-6 weeks of that was waiting on parts. The finish from a professional shop looks indistinguishable from the original. I do not know how much the repair cost yet but the hire of a modest ICE car for the duration was more than what you paid in total.

Something I relearned was: I am never going back to an ICE car. Filling up is tedious. And expensive. GBP60+ per tank

I just had my pearl white bumper cover replaced after a minor fender bender. After being told by both the service center and the authorized body shop that the bumper would need to be painted, the part arrived already painted from the factory AND the paint color is a much closer match than my previous bumper. I think the cover is a surprisingly great price at $330 already painted, but the body shop was a bit pricey at $550 to replace it. Had I known it was going to come pre-painted, I probably would have just done it myself, but now we know. See the video below for more details.

Interesting. There is a cool video of adding a hitch to model 3 that shows how to remove that bumper cover. It didn’t look that bad.

Wonder what the front bumper cover cost.

Just got quote for part only from them, $1200 CAD (US$900). Still such a huge difference. Does the new bumper come with brand new sensors and light in your case? I haven't ask them yet.

I don't know 100% but I don't think it came with anything else. I partly base that on the body shop not connecting the sensors when they installed it. I had to go back to service for them to fix it.