Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumper paint cracking/rising - placement next to headlight?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla came with a three inch scrape low on the bumper. It was a contactless delivery but they could see I hadn’t driven the car so Tesla accepted that it came that way and replaced the bumper. I then had the car immediately ceramic coated.
Now, a week and very few miles later, there is a spot where the paint near the headlight is cracking/rising. The installer said the bumper was installed too close to the headlight and he’s seen this frequently. I’d post a picture but I just joined and don’t have media loading privilege yet.
Does this sound like a bumper install or a ceramic coat install issue to you?
If the bumper was too close, shouldn’t the ceramic installer have told me before taking massive amounts of my money?
Thanks for your thoughts
G

Oh, I’m wrong, I can upload an image this way

Attachments

• 97768E44-92C3-46D2-886F-81BB1D079D19.jpeg
    97768E44-92C3-46D2-886F-81BB1D079D19.jpeg
    182.3 KB · Views: 127
No way the simple act of applying a ceramic coat on the paint would cause this, but if the detailer polished the paint first...I suppose something could have happened. Regardless, the damage you displayed in your picture looks like a manufacturing / assembly issue. Complain to Tesla but not sure they will address the issue now. And yes, the detailer should have told you or at least made a note of the issue when they returned the car to you. But, there is a massive variance in the attentiveness to detail and service effort from detailer to detailer so who knows.

No way the simple act of applying a ceramic coat on the paint would cause this, but if the detailer polished the paint first...I suppose something could have happened. Regardless, the damage you displayed in your picture looks like a manufacturing / assembly issue. Complain to Tesla but not sure they will address the issue now. And yes, the detailer should have told you or at least made a note of the issue when they returned the car to you. But, there is a massive variance in the attentiveness to detail and service effort from detailer to detailer so who knows.
Thank you so much. I’ve made an appt with Tesla for two weeks from now and will also suggest that for the amount of money I paid to the detailer that they should fix it once the bumper issue is fixed. I appreciate your time.