Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumper refresh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do a little searching in this forum and you can find numerous threads where this has been discussed. Here are a couple I quickly found which I believe talk about doing it with OEM parts versus one of the 3rd party upfit kits.

2014 P85 Gets a 2017 facelift using OEM parts

Vendor - OEM Facelift bumper on my 2013 P85

I did a quick scan of the first link and it looks like it has quite a bit of information including listing of parts that are needed (it's quite a bit more than just the bumper!).

Reactions: DavidB
Upvote 0
You can't easily do an OEM bumper refresh. There are many subtle changes to how the bumpers are attached & fitted. You would be better off buying a 3rd party bumper—or to leave well enough alone.
I see that some are doing the OEM bumper and it does take a lot of work and it seems like it's hard to get the parts. As far as leave it alone, I'm ready for something different.

Upvote 0
I am doing the 2016-2021 bumper refresh now on my 2012 Sig Red S. The swap is easy; just takes some time to gather parts. I'm in Atlanta, GA and would willing to help if you are close by. When I'm finished, I'll put together a list of parts needed for the swap. Most lists I have found are for later years (2013+) but none specifically detail what is required new from Tesla vs reusable from old bumper.

Upvote 0