Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumper stickers

What bumper stickers will make it on your car in the first year.

• My car will be unadorned by tacky stickers.

Votes: 76 85.4%
  • My car will be adorned with only one classy college/professional org sticker.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • My car will be adorned with only one EV themed sticker.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • My car will be adorned with only classy college/professional org stickers.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • My car will be adorned with only EV themed stickers.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • My car will be adorned with only EV and classy College/professional org stickers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My car will be adorned with one to three stickers of all kinds.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • My car will be adorned with more than 3 stickers of all kinds.

• My car will be adorned with “My child is a ___ ___ at ___ Elementary school sticker. FML. :-(

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always wished I had some sort of electronic scrolling billboard in my rear window that I'd instantly get to display something appropriate on when I'm upset with someone on the road!

+1

Not even to say nasty things, sometimes just to explain in words things like "I need to drive slowly because my kid is asleep".
Sometimes I feel that much roadside nastiness can be avoided if we can just communicate beyond honks, flashes, and gestures.

Scroll these:

"I'm driving an all electric car and so can you."

"You are not getting carbon monoxide spewed at you."

"I don't know where a gas station is"

"A man, a plan a canal, a Panamera is a lame car."

Nice, Eric! I have to seriously think about getting/making such a gizmo; it can be plugged into one of the rear USB ports for juice and ought to be voice-activated (would have to shout loud enough, I guess).

Didn't know we could put the CA HOV white sticker in the rear window without having to affix to the bumper; acceptable to the CHP for sure?!

Definitely not for sure. I assume that someday I'll probably get a fix-it ticket for that. Until then, I'll take my chances. I was followed for a few hundred yards a couple months back by a CHP that was clearly deciding how much it was worth it to stop me. There are far more cheaters out there that won't go to court over a ticket for the officer to take the time with little ol' me.

I think my odds of getting stopped will get worse when the 85 lane becomes an Express Lane...

I wouldn't ruin the paint with a sticker. But the back glass....

pboyice.jpg

Last edited:
If I can figure out how to comfortably get a bumper sticker on so that it can be removed without damaging the paint (I don't mind color variation, but I don't want actual damage), I've got a couple of stickers which have been waiting for the right car.

If I can figure out how to comfortably get a bumper sticker on so that it can be removed without damaging the paint (I don't mind color variation, but I don't want actual damage), I've got a couple of stickers which have been waiting for the right car.

Vinyl stickers come off pretty easily if you use some oil (I use baby oil, or olive oil, or "Goo-Be-Gone") and a hair dryer. Trick is to heat it up and peal back slow. And keep the oil on the adhesive. It takes about 15 minutes to get a medium sticker off. If your sticker/adhesive burns onto your car. You have to go at it with a razor blade and be very VERY careful.

I have taken off a few stikers in my lifetime. And only once had a probem. I had painted my white Dodge Neon Black, for $150 at ElectroBake. And I pulled up a small amount of black paint. Granted the rest of my car already looked like a reverse dalmation so it didn't really look out of place. But I did cut into the cheap paint with a razor blade. Both my VWs I have cut parts of a sticker off with a razor blade, and if you are very careful you can do it without damaging the paint.

Get some Paint Protection Film (ClearBra, etc) and stick the sticker to that. Then trim the PPF to size and place the PPF onto your car. This is what I did for the carpool stickers on my Roadster. Just find a shop that does PPF installs (usually tint shops do this) and ask for a scrap of film the right size. They often have trimmings.

Else you can always stick them to the rear glass which can be removed w/ a razor blade w/o worrying about cutting paint.

Oh I just realized I probably need a "Made in USA" sticker on the back glass also.

So in summary:

Georgia Institute of Technology - Top of back glass
Made in USA - Bottom of back glass
Darwin Fish - Right side, bottom liftgate

Oh I just realized I probably need a "Made in USA" sticker on the back glass also.

I like that! Instead of stickers anywhere, I'll go with a license plate frame that says "Designed in California" above and "Made in Fremont, CA, USA!" below.

It's a bit of a dig at that big fruit company too that chooses to do one of them but not the other...

This may be sacrilege to suggest that I (or anyone) might do this, but is anyone planning on slapping on his/her Model S a juicy, fat bumper sticker? I've always had either a Red Sox sticker or a "don't tread on me" sticker on my cars.

Too nice to deface?