Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bumper stickers

What bumper stickers will make it on your car in the first year.

• My car will be unadorned by tacky stickers.

Votes: 76 85.4%
  • My car will be adorned with only one classy college/professional org sticker.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • My car will be adorned with only one EV themed sticker.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • My car will be adorned with only classy college/professional org stickers.

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • My car will be adorned with only EV themed stickers.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • My car will be adorned with only EV and classy College/professional org stickers.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My car will be adorned with one to three stickers of all kinds.

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • My car will be adorned with more than 3 stickers of all kinds.

• My car will be adorned with “My child is a ___ ___ at ___ Elementary school sticker. FML. :-(

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ElSupreme

Model S 03182
Jan 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Bumper Stickers?!?!?

I come from a loud obnoxious family from one side, and a loud obnoxious opinionated family on the other. So I gravitate towards lots of bumper stickers on my car. They are mostly of the non-confrontational variety, except my two political candidate stickers (different people, one didn’t win the nomination from their party). But I have probably have had 6-12 stickers on my back window since it was about a month old. I had my alma mater on there before I left the lot when I bought it.

My tesla will get “Georgia Institute of Technology” sticker right away. It might make 6 months before I start adding on.

Any way most luxury cars are unornamented blacked out stealth machines. I have a feeling the Tesla may be different.

So are you putting any stickers on your car?
Do not count state/municipality registration/tag stickers on your car. :-(
Do not count oft traveled toll road RFID stickers on your car. :-(

EDIT: Don't count HOV stickers.

‘Classy’ implies we are not directly promoting a sporting team, and we are not disparaging another rival school. Generally UGA stickers fail this ruling.

Last edited:
Reactions: RamblinWrecked
I come from a loud obnoxious family from one side, and a loud obnoxious opinionated family on the other. So I gravitate towards lots of bumper stickers on my car. They are mostly of the non-confrontational variety, except my two political candidate stickers (different people, one didn’t win the nomination from their party). But I have probably have had 6-12 stickers on my back window since it was about a month old. I had my alma mater on there before I left the lot when I bought it.

My tesla will get “Georgia Institute of Technology” sticker right away. It might make 6 months before I start adding on.

Any way most luxury cars are unornamented blacked out stealth machines. I have a feeling the Tesla may be different.

So are you putting any stickers on your car?
Do not count state/municipality registration/tag stickers on your car. :-(
Do not count oft traveled toll road RFID stickers on your car. :-(
‘Classy’ implies we are not directly promoting a sporting team, and we are not disparaging another rival school. Generally UGA stickers fail this ruling.

With the exception of car pool lane sticker ... no.

Some here, wish there was an option for "only the carpool lane stickers;" I think that's what the majority of us (in states that offer such incentives) will be sporting!

Good point. You get an EV plate in Georgia to ride in the HOV lanes. And if you want to ride on I85 you also have to get toll RFID stickers. I wolud consider HOV stickers the same as toll stickers.

Your options are a bit limiting in your poll... I'm not putting on a school or EV sticker. I'm putting this one on. It's finally found its proper home.

E-Science.gif

Yep you got that one right. I put all my stickers (except my Darwin fish) on windows.

"Georgia Institute of Technology" on the top of the back glass. Same as my Jetta. Same as my GTI. Same as my Neon.
Darwin fish on the back liftgate, probably the right side. Same as my Jetta. Same as my GTI. Same as my Neon.

I think I can hold off and not put the super tacky stuff I have/had on my other car(s) on my Tesla.

In high school I had a 5"x 3" Ferrari sticker in the dead center of my Neon's tailgate. I had someone ask me "Why would you put a Ferrari stiker on a Dodge Neon?"
I replied "Why would I put a Ferrari sticker on anything less crappy?"
That poor car was driven wide open trottle on about 80% of starts for about 40,000 miles. Oh how immature I was.

Stickers? Eew. The carpool sticker is in my rear window (not stuck to the car) until such time as that's forced to change, if ever.

Eew, indeed! However, I've always wished I had some sort of electronic scrolling billboard in my rear window that I'd instantly get to display something appropriate on when I'm upset with someone on the road!

Hmm... Didn't know we could put the CA HOV white sticker in the rear window without having to affix to the bumper; acceptable to the CHP for sure?!

I'm surprised that you didn't have a specific option for political bumper stickers, or maybe even an option for left-leaning and another for right-leaning stickers.

I will likely have window decals for Vanderbilt University and University of Oregon. On my current vehicle that amounts to a "V" in black and gold and an "O" in green (in opposite upper corners of the rear glass).

I avoid putting anything on the paint like the plague; I much prefer to put stickers (if I do it at all) on the glass. I will probably put a few left-leaning stickers on the glass (in the corners) during the 2012 election cycle (before I get my Model S) but those will all be scraped off via razor on the 1st wednesday in November. ;-)

Great poll, btw, very entertaining.

Hmm... Didn't know we could put the CA HOV white sticker in the rear window without having to affix to the bumper; acceptable to the CHP for sure?!
Definitely not acceptable per the instructions that come w/ the stickers but there is debate as to whether that's simply a suggestion from the DMV or part of the law. So YMMV. There is a whole thread on this in the Roadster forum. I put them on my car (over some paint protection film so they can be removed) as a badge of honor.

I always hated putting stickers on my car. The problem with stickers is that they get worn out and taking them off can be a pain. I was forced to put one on my car for parking (putting it in the window was not acceptable for the parking people) at the university I went to and when I took it off, the paint underneath did not match the rest of the car.

I support my school with a license plate holder so I odn't have to put a sticker on the bumper or in the window. Why advertise for a car dealership after you've given them your money?

I have an Ironman Florida license plate frame. I got pulled over for it (City of Atlanta) covering my license plate reg sticker. It really doesn't. The fine was 5 hours in court to pay a $25 fine. It is still on the car.

I support my school with a license plate holder so I odn't have to put a sticker on the bumper or in the window. Why advertise for a car dealership after you've given them your money?

One the first things that I do whenever I get a new car is to "de-dealer" it. There are some dealers who will even put a vinyl or plastic badge with their logo right on the trunk. The Audi dealer I got my TT did that. I told them that I would refuse delivery if any of that crap was on there. Oddly enough the vehicle was totally clean when I went to pick it up. ;-)

I don't object to supporting certain things through stickers and I recognize the need for parking permits but I'm not going to advertise for a car dealer.