Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A lot has been written about Frunk dents and creases, but our Frunk has two smooth round bumps bulging from the inside out. The surface area between and around these bumps is flawless. The airspace beneath both bumps is inaccessible because it's in-between the inner and outer aluminum skins. It's hard to imagine how we, or anyone closing our Frunk, could have created these bumps.

The Dania Beach, Florida service center recommended a local painless dent remover (Mr. Dent) but he took a look and said there was nothing he could do. Although these bumps are very noticeable as you move around (due to the distorted reflections) they're difficult to capture in still photographs. I took these photos at night with a single light source on the left and right as indicated.

Does anyone have similar Frunk bumps? ... or any theories or advice?

Light from PS 400x600 T3.jpg

Light from DS 400x600 T3.jpg

I was going to say that ^^^ it looks like something may have been left sitting on the lip of the frunk on the inside and when it was closed it left these little "bubbles" I'd look around for another PDR place that maybe specializes in aluminum it looks like something that could be taken care of. Sorry. (I really like your color choice!

And the bottom of the hood shows no such bumps? Looks like the time I slammed my parents' Chevy Corsica hood on the inverted oil cap.
Not only are there no dents or damage underneath our Frunk lid, but there's an inner aluminum sheet covering that area with an inaccessible airspace in-between that looks to be about 3/8 inch high.

I assume it's an airspace, but maybe there's something inside. I recall seeing a picture posted somewhere by an MS owner showing some sort plastic foam bulging out of that space, but I can't find that post.

Not only are there no dents or damage underneath our Frunk lid, but there's an inner aluminum sheet covering that area with an inaccessible airspace in-between that looks to be about 3/8 inch high.

Sounds like the service center should look at it. It should be completely obvious to them that without any damage on the undersurface that raised humps are not normal. Looks like slight warping of the metal.

Sounds like the service center should look at it. It should be completely obvious to them that without any damage on the undersurface that raised humps are not normal. Looks like slight warping of the metal.
Yes, slight warping from metal stress created during manufacturing is a possibility. Since I can't possibly be the first and only one to have these bumps, I thought I would start with an email to Ownership that includes my photos and see what they have to say.