TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

burbank airport log term lot being used for staging model x?

Discussion in 'California' started by jerjozwik, Jul 6, 2017.

1. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

hey everyone. tesla seems to be using a large surface lot next to burbank airport for new model x vehicles. there are a large number of x on the lot. more than i would think would come from a single truck. just found it very odd.

Attached Files:

• Informative x 1
  2. AEdennis

AEdennis Active Member

I wonder if those are waiting delivery or if those are the loaner vehicle pre-prep parking.

3. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

as i passed there was a box truck with 5 large plexiglass windows in it, transporting a red model s out if the lot. strange happenings.

4. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

it is economy lot c.
    [​IMG]

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

My guess is that those are pre-built "inventory" cars. My understanding is that for the past several months, Tesla has been building S and X based on the most popular configurations (they have a lot of data on that by now) so that when on of those configurations is ordered they can deliver it to the buyer quickly. You can of course order any configuration option combination you wish but you may wait longer for delivery.

Tesla likely ran out of room for that kind of inventory vehicle storage at the Fremont location, in part because their number of plant employees has increased so much that parking space is very scarce.

I predict that soon there will be a "Seeking Alpha" nonsense article about how those new cars in that Burbank parking lot mean that buyer demand has collapsed and Tesla is in a "death spiral".

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  6. MS16

MS16 Member

Its hard to tell from the photo, but how many cars do you think are in there?

I hope they aren't paying $12 a day per car. :)

• Funny x 1
  7. Lump

Lump Active Member

"Overflow" locations in the San Fernando Valley aren't new, large one in Van Nuys for over a year.

8. jerjozwik

jerjozwik Member

at least 3 rows of at least 10 cars.