Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Burbank CA "Meet the Model X tour" biggest surprise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WSE51

Supporting Member
Aug 24, 2012
Park City, Utah
Yesterday was the first day of the MX tour in the Los Angeles area and there were 7 of them available for test drives for those with orders who have not yet configured. The biggest surprise for me was how much higher off the ground the seat is. I measured a 8-9 inch difference between the Model S and Model X (ground to "butt" seating area). Second biggest surprise was how much more pleasant the view is from the second row seats due to the larger windshield.

Yesterday was the first day of the MX tour in the Los Angeles area and there were 7 of them available for test drives for those with orders who have not yet configured. The biggest surprise for me was how much higher off the ground the seat is. I measured a 8-9 inch difference between the Model S and Model X (ground to "butt" seating area). Second biggest surprise was how much more pleasant the view is from the second row seats due to the larger windshield.

Wait, there's a Meet Model X event here in LA? Can you give some details when and where? I haven't configured yet and didn't get any email.

Sorry Mike but I think you are too late. Invites were emailed several weeks ago and now all slots filled. It is at the Burbank service center. Maybe if you just show up with proof that you are a reservation holder they will let you in. I think it is also going on today. They took a one hour lunch break at noon, and six Model X were lined up in driveway and available to touch (not drive) ... That would be fun anyway, and you can see different colors and configurations.

row of Xs.JPG
It was a great event. Seeing so many Model X's together at one time was impressive. Also, all the people working there were so nice, and so knowledgeable of the car. We were actually able to spend time with the car that was inside, and absorb what a really great car it was.

For the test drive, being able to take the car on Interstate 5 and engage autopilot was a bit freaky, to say the least. Having the car steer itself and match highway traffic speed, especially while driving right next to K-rails, will take a bit of getting use to. We had been a bit worried about the sun with that huge panoramic windshield, but after driving it directly into the full afternoon sun, the tinting of the windshield is just perfect. Hot afternoon sun is just not an issue at all.

Ron

Wait, there's a Meet Model X event here in LA? Can you give some details when and where? I haven't configured yet and didn't get any email.

Don't despair Mike. My wife is holding a reservation and never received an email invite. I called Tesla Sales on Thursday night with the number off the website and was able to arrange a test drive in Buena Park on Valentines Day. Looking forward to the road trip this weekend!

So we went on Monday afternoon (2/8). It. Was. Awesome.

The wife changed her mind every time she saw a different paint color. I uploaded pics from the "final three". She test drove and loved it. I think she's finally decided on Silver because it looked more pearlescent than Pearl White did. Even though not pictured below, there was one sitting in the expansive Burbank service bay waiting to be photographed. We got to take a close look and were disappointed that the paint wasn't closer to the Lexus Pearl White.

IMG_7093.jpg
IMG_7094.jpg
IMG_7095.jpg

Last edited:
So we went on Monday afternoon (2/8). It. Was. Awesome.

The wife changed her mind every time she saw a different paint color. I uploaded pics from the "final three". She test drove and loved it. I think she's finally decided on Silver because it looked more pearlescent than Pearl White did. Even though not pictured below, there was one sitting in the expansive Burbank service bay waiting to be photographed. We got to take a close look and were disappointed that the paint wasn't closer to the Lexus Pearl White.

This is a great case for having multiple color options on cars! I find the Lexus Pearl White to be too yellow for my tastes.