Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

burbank service center, post of appreciation.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
so here i am, sitting on a traffic controlled on-ramp, about to do my normal pop up to speed that p90d owners are accustom to. only today will be different, mere seconds after i activated the accelerator i received the achievement; "drive unit needs service, avoid hard acceleration." i think... "GOD FU#$ DAMNIT!"

some of you may recognize my username for submitting the battery needs service post around march of this year. as soon as i saw the message i called up the burbank service center. sadly, my call went unanswered :(....
i was hoping to speak to a tesla rep because tomorrow i will be going on a 300mile trip up the california coast, not the best situation to be driving around with a drive unit ticking time bomb. i continue on my route to work, which just so happens to send me past the burbank service center.

at 9:30am i walk in without an appointment and alex [worked with him maaaaaaaaaaany times] says, 'hey jeremy! whats up?"

i reply, "this fu#^ing car man.... " i go on to tell him about the warning message, we start the paper work. i mention how this is pretty much a worst case to have my car out of commission as i am 20 hours away from a large road trip. he tells me that they dont have any tesla loaners available but he could hook me up with a ICE loaner. i decline and ask him if it is at all possible to do the swap in a day. he was reluctant and says he will try to do the best he can but gives the warning it may be a day or two. i leave for work via a tesla provided uber, telling him i will think about this and get back to him.

come noon time i get a notice saying a software update has been completed on my car, i think... hmmmm i guess they found a drive unit then.

1pm i message alex asking how is the repair? ive been getting notifications that make me think its almost done.

about 2 he says that he has 2 techs working on my car and last he saw they were bolting things up.

4pm my car is done.

damn, seriously damn. i am very impressed at the speed they were able to complete the repair and made every attempt to help me out so i could have my car ready by end of day. this experience was a complete 180* from my battery replacement and i just wanted to make a public post saying thanks to the great team at the burbank service center.

#firstworldproblems