TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Burlingame Tesla Store and Service Center

Discussion in 'California' started by GasDoc, Jul 16, 2013.

1. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I saw an unmistakable logo while driving on southbound 101 just prior to the Broadway Exit.

Living just 3 miles away, I went exploring this afternoon and found the Store/Service Center not yet open for business.

There were 4 HPWC's installed but not yet energized. Also a 5th bay with more industrial looking conduit. Could be a Supercharger!

I think it's supposed to be opening in a week or two. The hours on the door show that it's going to be open seven days a week.

photo 1 (1).jpg . photo 4.jpg photo 5.jpg photo 2.jpg

2. augkuo

augkuo Member

#2 augkuo, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
    I have a service appointment scheduled there Tuesday of next week so it should be open in a couple of days -

opps just got an email - I guess it's been pushed back now

Hi Augie,

We have you down for an appointment 7/23/13 at 9AM at Menlo Park since our move to Burlingame has been pushed back for another few weeks. Also, Menlo Park will remain open until Palo Alto launches early October.

3. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

I heard that Burlingame will open on August 5.

It will have one Supercharger bay for the loaner cars. Owners can use it on a space available basis during the day and during off hours!

4. spaghetti

spaghetti Member

That's awesome! Wonder if Tesla will install Superchargers at Menlo and/or Fremont service centers?

5. hans

hans P631

Certainly not at Menlo Park since they are closing that location.

6. maverick

maverick Member

where did you hear that?

7. gregincal

gregincal Active Member

It's well known. Stanford is reclaiming the property. It's being replaced by 3 new service centers (Burlingame, Palo Alto and Sunnyvale).

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/15189-Menlo-Service-Center-Will-Be-Closing-Dividing-Into-Two

- - - Updated - - -

As stated, Menlo is closing. Fremont already has one, but it's not open to the public.

8. maverick

maverick Member

9. Benjamin Brooks

I charged there yesterday while visiting the animal shelter next door. All 4 HPWCs were limited to 40A instead of 80A (well, I tried 3 of the 4).
    I asked the Tesla service folks and they didn't know why... hopefully they'll up the max HPWC output there to 80A for us folks with twin chargers.

10. Kipernicus

Kipernicus Model S Res#P1440

I should have taken pics, but I was there today and (a) charged at 62 amps (215v I believe) in front of the store and (b) saw that the single plug for the supercharger is inside the service garage, so unfortunately it doesn't look like this will be a great stop for road trippers going through SF.

11. sp4rk

sp4rk Banned

GasDoc, when I arrived for Teslive and drove the rental car from SFO and turned onto S 101, I was immediately greeted by the (what I later learned was) Burlingame logo ... lovely welcome!
    And you live just 3 miles away? Surprised you hadn't seen it before!
    Great meeting you BTW.

12. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

Nice meeting you as we'll Sp4rk!

I live up by highway 280 so I'm rarely on that stretch of the 101. When I'm on 101, I usually catch it further to the north or south.

13. SFOTurtle

SFOTurtle Active Member

Anyone stopped by Burlingame and used the HPWCs lately? If so, what amps were they delivering?

14. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

They told me when I stopped by that they had changed the settings so that now they were delivering the max.

15. modulus

modulus Member

Stopped by on my way back from SF to SJ yesterday and 5 superchargers up front at the entry now.
    No lie - i wasnt able to charge mine as there was a Prius, a Leaf, and an ICE hogging the spaces - obviously none of them plugged in. They should have separate spots farther away for those cars and not prohibit us owners from feeding our beasts :)

16. GasDoc

GasDoc Member

Seriously? Burlingame?!?

This would be great! I'll believe it when I see it. Getting back into town Monday.

17. ChriZ

ChriZ Member

Are you sure they were superchargers? Last time I went there they were HPWCs.

18. modulus

modulus Member

You may be right. I couldn't get close enough to check as the spots were all taken.

19. maxwells

maxwells P85 43796

My car's in for service today, and currently charging at 200 miles/hour (387V / 148A). It's clearly a Supercharger, but likely only for loaners and cars coming in for service.

Btw, I am very impressed by the sales and service staff here.

20. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I believe the chargers out front in the parking area are HPWCs. I've heard there is a single Supercharger inside in the service area. Is that what you are referring to?