Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Burlington, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any idea on a completion date?

Ideally, I'd like to take road trip to Charlotte at the end of the month from Richmond. Hopefully it's up by then.

There seem to be a few good charging options for uptown Charlotte. I'm curious how often the two EV chargers in front of the Bank of America building are used or ICE'd.

Completion dates for the Burlington SC are only guesses. They appear to be moving along quickly though. *seems like* they could be done in a matter of a week or two.

I've read that often the supercharger sites are operational some time before an announcement/opening ceremony.

Thanks guys for the construction pictures and I couldn't wait to try out my S60 for the first time. I wonder if they plan to have a little celebration when the Burlington SC is complete. @doctrewho, thanks for pointing out the Roanke Rapids and/or Rocky Mount on I95 SC locations. It will make my trip to NJ/NYC a reality. It may be a little detour to go through that route instead of I85 to Richmond but the near 200mi may be a little too tight for my S60. Cary to Roanke Rapids, Richmond, DC and then Jersey seems to be the way to go. I couldn't wait.

Thanks guys for the construction pictures and I couldn't wait to try out my S60 for the first time. I wonder if they plan to have a little celebration when the Burlington SC is complete. @doctrewho, thanks for pointing out the Roanke Rapids and/or Rocky Mount on I95 SC locations. It will make my trip to NJ/NYC a reality. It may be a little detour to go through that route instead of I85 to Richmond but the near 200mi may be a little too tight for my S60. Cary to Roanke Rapids, Richmond, DC and then Jersey seems to be the way to go. I couldn't wait.

That's my trip home too. Will have to compare notes. I just grabbed the CHAdeMO adapter too, as they're getting more common around DC. Think this trip might soon be a reality in a 60.

Swung by this morning to check on progress, no workers on site around 8:30 AM, so not sure what the current ETA is or when they'll be heading off to work on the other SCs in NC.

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

I believe doctrewho got a response from David at the service center when he asked. (answering for him as I know he's on vacation)

AFAIK no one has any official news about the opening from Tesla. I live 25 miles away in Hillsborough and I've not had any official word.

Ah, was wondering about the lack of getting an email myself!

I wonder if David got the date correct or not at this point, the Raleigh service center was complete chaotic madness when I was by there today to have them inspect some undercarriage damage from high-centering my car; they have a new facility a block or two away from the existing one that is about 4x the square footage. They have moved the 2 lifts over there, in the process of installing a third lift. LOTS more space for them to work on vehicles, warehouse parts and house staff. The original service center is getting a makeover to become more like a regular showroom (with the various sample materials / infomation computer, etc)

[edit one]
Doh, just saw an email from a friend linking to a news article indicating that may in fact be the real date:

Tesla to open first high-speed charging station in NC | .Biz blog | NewsObserver.com

[edit two]
Confirmed with David that 10am Thursday is indeed the planned time, barring any holdups with the utility side of the installation. Due to the not quite 100% certainty of it being fully operational, an official email has not yet been sent. So he says for local owners not to feel that they are being overlooked, more that Tesla is being extremely cautious to ensure that date and time is solid. Which does also explain why some other SC openings have had the official email show up barely before the ribbon is cut.

Last edited: