Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Burning Man 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just don't take it. I'm still vacuuming playa dust out of the truck two and three years later. Within two hours of arriving, the dust was piling up on any surface. I had the idea that I'd simply keep the doors closed and the windows up running AC while driving in and out. That didn't happen. It's too hot to keep the windows closed all the time and the air filters all clogged within minutes.

These photos were taken right after finding a campsite and exiting the truck on day one. I already had dust dunes everywhere. When the event was over and after 8 hours in the exit lanes, I had to replace the engine air filter with the spare I brought along. The dust in the exit lanes was like dry cement and 14" deep in some places. Burning Man - Davis Custom Digital
View attachment 57709View attachment 57710View attachment 57711View attachment 57712View attachment 57713

I'd worry more about my lungs than a car. Looks like a pretty dumb place to hold a weekend long outdoor concert. No thanks.

I'd worry more about my lungs than a car. Looks like a pretty dumb place to hold a weekend long outdoor concert. No thanks.

It's not exactly a concert, though you will find music. And art. And it's not a weekend, it is week-long :). It's the desert. Wet scarves over the mouth work wonders. And goggles over eyes.

And Burning Man is a pretty amazing experience, impossible to explain in a forum post.

- - - Updated - - -

I've been watching the live feed of the playa this week & regretting not being there. Inaction on my part. Boo.

Just got out of there, 4 year in a row, having a temporary city setup just by the participants is amazing in which words dont do it justice. But it is not for the faint of heart, but will challenge you in many ways.
burn.PNG