Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Burning Smell - Help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I came out into my garage yesterday morning, the entire garage had a strong smell of something burning electrical-wise. Also, my 60 MS's exterior was covered in condensation both inside and out. This has yet to clear up throughout the day.

The car was not plugged in overnight and I eliminated the cause of the smell as the wall jack or charging cable or anything else in the garage.

The pungent odor still remains whether the car is off or on. I can't seem to place where it's coming from in or on the car but it's noticeable both inside and outside of the car even after I drove it to work and around town today.

I have been having a persistent issue with my MS where the windows are significantly and abnormally fogging up when the A/C is running. Also the A/C motor has always made an obtrusive turbine reeving up type noise that never seemed right even though it's been checked repeatedly by the Service Center.

Anyone with any suggestions?

Please contact Tesla immediately, first thing tommorrow. It could be something small and simple but it could be something much worse. They can do a remote diagnostic in the electrical system right over the phone in some cases, but will likely want you to bring the car in immediately.

I had a plastic shopping bad melt to the exhaust on my E550. It smelled exactly like an electrical overheating issue. Maybe you got one sucked into the air intake or something. It smelled for 24 hours after the car was shut off and would come back one the muffler heated up again.

When I came out into my garage yesterday morning, the entire garage had a strong smell of something burning electrical-wise. Also, my 60 MS's exterior was covered in condensation both inside and out. This has yet to clear up throughout the day.

The car was not plugged in overnight and I eliminated the cause of the smell as the wall jack or charging cable or anything else in the garage.

The pungent odor still remains whether the car is off or on. I can't seem to place where it's coming from in or on the car but it's noticeable both inside and outside of the car even after I drove it to work and around town today.

I have been having a persistent issue with my MS where the windows are significantly and abnormally fogging up when the A/C is running. Also the A/C motor has always made an obtrusive turbine reeving up type noise that never seemed right even though it's been checked repeatedly by the Service Center.

What did Tesla tell you it was?

Contact Tesla immediately. That's my suggestion.