Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Burnt rubber smell

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
last day or two I’ve noticed a burnt rubber type smell in my garage. This morning I could smell it in the car interior but after driving went away. Came home tonight and parked the car went inside and back out after a few mins and I could smell it again. Seems to be coming from the front left wheel well area. Can’t smell it on the right. Opened the frunk and could smell it there too. Everything seems fine, it’s hot and ive been running the AC in the car but to this point have never smelled it before. Any ideas? In doing a search seems a few have had it or something similar related to the heater but it’s 100 degrees here so no heat ....thanks

I just experienced a similar thing with my new model 3. First thing in the morning and got in the car and my screen was glitchy and I couldn’t push anything. Even my volume dial wasn’t working. I got out of the car to reset it and lock it and there was an overpowering smell of burnt rubber. I was able to back it out to the driveway and then called tesla and they immediately sent a tow truck. Still no diagnosis.