Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Business Ideas involving an S, to pay for the S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This idea is post-s purchase: use it as a livery vehicle. The car would be leased to a business, which would then offer a chauffeur service. This would happen to employ a certain driver that would ferry 4 paying persons from a certain workplace and back and/or special service for weddings, etc... Essentially, a for profit (or loss) carpool business. (Who wouldn't want to ride to work in MS?)

It would create a taxable loss and help pay for part of the car. The going rate around here is 20 / week / person. So ~360 / month. Leased at a rate to create a loss or tiny profit depending on the need of the year. I'd bet one could do pretty well as a special event driver if the time spend wasn't an issue. This idea has not been fleshed out with a tax attorney or accountant yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Last edited:
I've been told there is a lot more money in being a courier for diplomatic pouches than "a courier," so that might be a route to consider.

I heard someone will pay a bounty for the following Youtube Videos:
Valvoline Instant Oil Change/JiffyLube visit with a Model S
Full Service gas station ( do not open the charge port!)
It might be only a $5, but that's a really fun $5, right?

This idea is post-s purchase: use it as a livery vehicle. The car would be leased to a business, which would then offer a chauffeur service. This would happen to employ a certain driver that would ferry 4 paying persons from a certain workplace and back and/or special service for weddings, etc... Essentially, a for profit (or loss) carpool business. (Who wouldn't want to ride to work in MS?)

It would create a taxable loss and help pay for part of the car. The going rate around here is 20 / week / person. So ~360 / month. Leased at a rate to create a loss or tiny profit depending on the need of the year. I'd bet one could do pretty well as a special event driver if the time spend wasn't an issue. This idea has not been fleshed out with a tax attorney or accountant yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I could see this working out well. With the amount of crappy "limos" I see frequently, it would be a nice change to have a classy car to be chauffeured around in.

My idea is to transport high priced perishable items from locations where items are common to distant locations where said items are uncommon. Said items woul have perviously been transported via fed ex / ups at high freight rates (fuel charge being a high percent of COGS)

So for example, buy gourmet wild crafted mushrooms in bulk from NorCal, Oregon, Washington and then drive them to LA/San Diego/Las Vegas and sell at farmers markets and to restaurants. Should be able to significantly undercut the existing vendors while getting a high margin.

If there was a year round mushroom season this might actually work as a full time business.. Probably other types of products this is applicable to.

Last edited: