Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Business Loan on CPO/Used Model X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was pre-approved for an 80K loan through BOA for 72 months at 4.69%, with approximately 20% down, but have run into a bit of an issue. Due to an impending investment property purchase in the next few months, the Tesla must be financed exclusively through the business to keep my DTI ratio within the same parameters as what I was pre-approved with for the mortgage. BOA requires that both the company name AND owner be on the title, and also that the loan would be reported on my personal credit report. This I can't do, especially right now.

I have tried several other banks and credit unions, and they either will not do commercial lending, have a similar requirement as BOA with the co-ownership and not exclusively through the business, don't lend in my area, or need to go through a dealer. I have tried the following:

Alliant CU
Ally
US Bank
TD Bank
Chase (technically they would do it, but it was 8+% and a 25% minimum down payment)
Landmark CU
UW Credit Union
BMO
Wells Fargo

Has anyone had any success with a CPO purchase where they financed it exclusively through the business? I am fine with signing a personal guarantee, but am really getting frustrated with the lack of options for getting this done through the business.

I was pre-approved for an 80K loan through BOA for 72 months at 4.69%, with approximately 20% down, but have run into a bit of an issue. Due to an impending investment property purchase in the next few months, the Tesla must be financed exclusively through the business to keep my DTI ratio within the same parameters as what I was pre-approved with for the mortgage. BOA requires that both the company name AND owner be on the title, and also that the loan would be reported on my personal credit report. This I can't do, especially right now.

I have tried several other banks and credit unions, and they either will not do commercial lending, have a similar requirement as BOA with the co-ownership and not exclusively through the business, don't lend in my area, or need to go through a dealer. I have tried the following:

Alliant CU
Ally
US Bank
TD Bank
Chase (technically they would do it, but it was 8+% and a 25% minimum down payment)
Landmark CU
UW Credit Union
BMO
Wells Fargo

Has anyone had any success with a CPO purchase where they financed it exclusively through the business? I am fine with signing a personal guarantee, but am really getting frustrated with the lack of options for getting this done through the business.

I think folks are telling you that you are getting at least temporarily overextended. Maybe it's time to listen to their advice.

You say "business" but don't mention what type. Since everyone is requiring it on personal card, I'm guessing sole or joint proprietorship or equivalent. And in this cases, that's indeed considered part of your personal income. So yes, it sounds overextended.