TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Business Loan

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by akm21, Sep 29, 2018.

1. akm21

akm21 New Member

For anyone who knows more than me about this, if I do the sec 179 loophole for the Model X, do I need to get a business loan? If so, does anyone know of a credit union that can give a business loan because I cannot find a union that offers manageable rates or even offers a business auto loan. I am located in Texas so that also might complicate things.

2. P85_DA

P85_DA Supporting Member

No u don’t need business loan

3. DCGOO

DCGOO Active Member

You actually don’t need a loan at all. How you pay for it is not a factor.

• Like x 1
  4. frebay

frebay Member

I had this problem. I was approved with a credit union at 1.99. Turns that they don't want the LLC on the reg, so I had to go with Tesla/Chase bank at 2.76%.

5. Bablue86

Bablue86 New Member

Hey akm21, I'm in the same boat and in Texas too where Tesla does not provide finance. Got approved by Alliant at 2.99%/72 months but as we know they dont allow business name on the registration/title like other credit unions. I'm trying to check major banks but there rates seems to be very high in their websites as we have to apply there as a private party instead of Tesla negotiated rates. Chase: 4.59%/72Months, US Bank 4.59%/72Months, Wells Fargo: 3.90%.

Any suggestion for me? Looking for decent rate and financing institution allows business name on the title/registration.
    Thanks

• Informative x 1
  6. jbldragon

jbldragon New Member

Hello, did you ever get the loan for your MX? If so where? Was it with your business name? TIA

7. jbldragon

jbldragon New Member

Hello, did you ever get the loan for your MX? If so where? Was it with your business name? TIA

8. jewilson2

jewilson2 Member

FWIW, I buy mine as company vehicles and finance them intentionally. I found out very late in the process that tesla's "in house" financing will not allow a business name on the loan (which is very odd). I had to scramble to get financing through my personal banker, but in my company name.

Surely Tesla has corporate customers that finance in an entity's name, not an individual?

9. rraghu78

rraghu78 Member

In the same boat as you were a year ago, could you please share who you went with in the end?

10. rraghu78

rraghu78 Member

Suggestion from anyone else from even non-TX state ?

11. racerx43

racerx43 Member

Credit Unions (Some) may allow you to put in a business name, and the ones I checked had lower rates. With minor membership criteria- Some are state based or others are like clubs that you have to join. There is a spreadsheet someplace that had that info updated pretty regularly.

12. blissann

blissann Member

It's not a good idea to get a loan when you do not even know if you can repay it... and it's even less smart to give a loan to someone who does not have any way to repay it.

Small business loans are generally given to those who have at the least a plan and generally who have orders to fulfill and just need a little working capital to expand or meet demand. You can find more information on business loan on palmaviolets.co.uk

13. Deekanemz

Deekanemz New Member

Did it affect your personal credit?