Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Business Loan

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For anyone who knows more than me about this, if I do the sec 179 loophole for the Model X, do I need to get a business loan? If so, does anyone know of a credit union that can give a business loan because I cannot find a union that offers manageable rates or even offers a business auto loan. I am located in Texas so that also might complicate things.

For anyone who knows more than me about this, if I do the sec 179 loophole for the Model X, do I need to get a business loan? If so, does anyone know of a credit union that can give a business loan because I cannot find a union that offers manageable rates or even offers a business auto loan. I am located in Texas so that also might complicate things.
Hey akm21, I'm in the same boat and in Texas too where Tesla does not provide finance. Got approved by Alliant at 2.99%/72 months but as we know they dont allow business name on the registration/title like other credit unions. I'm trying to check major banks but there rates seems to be very high in their websites as we have to apply there as a private party instead of Tesla negotiated rates. Chase: 4.59%/72Months, US Bank 4.59%/72Months, Wells Fargo: 3.90%.

Any suggestion for me? Looking for decent rate and financing institution allows business name on the title/registration.
Thanks

• Informative
Reactions: jet44
Hey akm21, I'm in the same boat and in Texas too where Tesla does not provide finance. Got approved by Alliant at 2.99%/72 months but as we know they dont allow business name on the registration/title like other credit unions. I'm trying to check major banks but there rates seems to be very high in their websites as we have to apply there as a private party instead of Tesla negotiated rates. Chase: 4.59%/72Months, US Bank 4.59%/72Months, Wells Fargo: 3.90%.

Any suggestion for me? Looking for decent rate and financing institution allows business name on the title/registration.
Thanks

Hello, did you ever get the loan for your MX? If so where? Was it with your business name? TIA

Hello, did you ever get the loan for your MX? If so where? Was it with your business name? TIA

FWIW, I buy mine as company vehicles and finance them intentionally. I found out very late in the process that tesla's "in house" financing will not allow a business name on the loan (which is very odd). I had to scramble to get financing through my personal banker, but in my company name.

Surely Tesla has corporate customers that finance in an entity's name, not an individual?

In the same boat as you were a year ago, could you please share who you went with in the end?

Thanks

FWIW, I buy mine as company vehicles and finance them intentionally. I found out very late in the process that tesla's "in house" financing will not allow a business name on the loan (which is very odd). I had to scramble to get financing through my personal banker, but in my company name.

Surely Tesla has corporate customers that finance in an entity's name, not an individual?

Did it affect your personal credit?