Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Business Opportunity?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been to several Supercharges at odd hours and found zero services available. I was thinking that a mobile food truck could be parked near SC to offer food and porta potty. Then just today I saw a company offering a Bodega - a fancy vending machine. Parking a vending machine at a SC - guaranteeing some service at all hours - could be a business opportunity for some entrepreneur. Me? I'm to lazy to want to do anything again. BTDT. But some other fellow might make a business selling / servicing bodega like vending machines at SC that are located in desolate locations.

• Informative
Reactions: SeminoleFSU
I dunno... calling a vending machine "Bodega" seems the antithesis of that term and almost everything it embodies. :rolleyes:

That aside, aren't these wood(?) and glass pantry boxes meant to be located indoors in a semi-safe area such as an office, dorm, gym, or building lobby? Not sure how they'll fare out in the open at a desolate Supercharger location that doesn't have some sort of building on site. Also, there's the vandalism/theft issue. Or are there versions of the "Bodega" designed for an outdoor setting?

I'd rather see food trucks, but there would need to enough through traffic to make them economically viable for the vendors. Maybe when the Model 3 ramps up to hundreds-of-thousands or millions on the road?

Last edited:
Agree that the recently announced Apartment Bodega concept is a particular design for a particular market, and not weatherproofed for Tesla locations. Some Tesla locations are in parking lots where the lot owner has a Carls Jr. (or other asset) that might be expecting an increase in business from allowing Tesla to be there. Competing with the site host would be bad form. But there are some sites that are not well served 24//7. I'm thinking Yuma - where there is nothing but a water treatment facility within a 15 min walk. Not even a porta poty, water fountain, park bench, or shade tree. Casa Grande SC has a nice restaurant near, but it does not open until 10:00 am. A night traveler/ morning traveler finds no services- just like Yuma. A reasonably stocked (upscale) machine could prove well received. Even a porta poty concession could be a good venture. yes, vandalism and profitable traffic flow are critical elements in any venture- but not unsolvable.