Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Business travel is the worst when owning a Tesla.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because the Tesla is at home and I'm forced to drive around in an ICE rental all week. How do you cope? It's amazing how much you miss the driving dynamics of a Telsa, with the regen braking, steering, AP...I could go on and on. Drove past the local Telsa Store and was thinking about stopping in to see if I could do an impromptu test drive to get back behind the wheel. :p

Because the Tesla is at home and I'm forced to drive around in an ICE rental all week. How do you cope? It's amazing how much you miss the driving dynamics of a Telsa, with the regen braking, steering, AP...I could go on and on. Drove past the local Telsa Store and was thinking about stopping in to see if I could do an impromptu test drive to get back behind the wheel. :p
Turo. Rent a Tesla.

Reactions: Pkmmte and Big Earl
I hear u brother! Had to leave Tesla behind for some service work for about a week and they had no Trsla loaners. We got a Jaguar instead. A few years ago I would be thrilled to get a really awesome loaded Jag as a loaner - now it was like going back in time to a horseless carriage times. You step on gas - lots of noise - nothing happening. That delay between gas pedal and actual engine engagement is eternity when you’re used to instant torque. The general feel of the car felt....quaint and antiquish - like visiting one of those roadside antique markets - cute but I would want to decorate my house with this garbage. I can’t imagine what it would be week in and out - luckily my consulting days are over and when I travel I Uber. Just sayin... I feel you!

I saw this title and thought, it was pretty nice on the last trip I took. A nice IRS tax deduction with the free supercharging. If you can manage to drive on a business trip it's pretty nice, but it does suck to not have the car.

I don't think that you understand pain.
I live in Atlanta and had to spend a month in LA, with me driving my rental and Teslas at every light!

I grab a taxi or black car and pretend Tesla released FSD.

On the other hand, business trips are the best when owning a Tesla if they're close enough for you to drive. On my last business trip (Seattle to Vancouver, BC), I got to expense $155 in personal mileage. It's like getting a tiny bonus just for driving my Tesla :)

Reactions: Mr_Robot
On the other hand, business trips are the best when owning a Tesla if they're close enough for you to drive. On my last business trip (Seattle to Vancouver, BC), I got to expense $155 in personal mileage. It's like getting a tiny bonus just for driving my Tesla :)
Ok, that's just awesome! Would love to travel locally for business in a Tesla. Unfortunately for me, my business trip this week was from Seattle to Newark. I guess if I planned really well, I could have just driven the X all the way there! Ha!

Reactions: arathald
Ok, that's just awesome! Would love to travel locally for business in a Tesla. Unfortunately for me, my business trip this week was from Seattle to Newark. I guess if I planned really well, I could have just driven the X all the way there! Ha!
I visit Indiana a couple of times a year (personal, not for work). I decided I'm driving there for my trip next month, because I can.

Reactions: Mr_Robot