Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Busted] Model X configuring in July 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model X configuring in July 2015

What do you expect him say? It sucks? -:)

my thought as well. I think the Model x will be a good vehicle, but experience has taught me to roll put boulders of salt for Elon statements. i'll temper expectations

I don't think Elon has much of a filter, honestly, which has caused some hand-wringing in the investors forum here (he's said stuff that seemed to unnecessarily give fodder to the media in past years -- seems to say exactly what he thinks).

Elon said he wanted Model S to be the best car… and it did score 99/100 at Consumer Reports, so I think he has some credibility when he says the Model X is awesome.

It looks like we are almost there finally, I noticed Bonnie you are Signature 2, one of the replies was from Sig #4 so will we see Sig 6 reply next? Are all the early odd numbers out? I do wonder about the roll out my guess is I'll get mine in early October so I'll have the crisp non changing autumn leaves of Miami to greet my Tesla as opposed to the August Sun. Either way looking forward to it.

Sig X #911

Looking forward to confirming my x reservation. Hopefully a p100d or similar with 0-60 of 3 seconds is on the cards, the excitement is mounting

Well going off what Elon said in the earnings call, I wouldn't expect a 100 version right off the bat. I'm sure we will see larger batteries (for both S and X) down the line, but I wouldn't expect one during the initial launch. Perhaps in early 2017. They are already backordered with the X through 2016 as is, and that's on the assumption of similar specs to what the S has. If there is no larger battery at launch, there is no need to produce one when you already have your model pre-sold for 18 months of production capacity. Churn through the initial orders then upgrade options.

/edit I would love to be wrong on this though, I'd like a 90-100D model S.

It looks like we are almost there finally, I noticed Bonnie you are Signature 2, one of the replies was from Sig #4 so will we see Sig 6 reply next? Are all the early odd numbers out? I do wonder about the roll out my guess is I'll get mine in early October so I'll have the crisp non changing autumn leaves of Miami to greet my Tesla as opposed to the August Sun. Either way looking forward to it.

Sig X #911

I know Sig #1, and they're definitely not out. :)

To bad I am working whe the TMC Connect is happening this year, would be Nice to spend part of the summer there with my family.
I love to configure my X and be able to test drive it at home, instead of waiting even longer to first test drive then configure then get it.
Maybe a event in late July at Hathorne so I can partisipate, loved the D event.
Hope my car get transporten to Norway, together with the first demo X'es. :)
(I do not have a signature reservation even close to bonnie, but stil belives it will be in the first EU production batch. :)
Have been test driving all Teslas except the 70D and 40 (did not make it across the Atlantic. ) and love the driving, just not the sitting hight and need space for 5 adults (3 of them need space between them on long trips)

Wait, you got a call to upgrade to the sig list? That list got full about a year ago. Interesting that they have extra slots now. Did you ask him the following Qs? Why are there extra slots now? What extra things will sig owners get? Special paint? Anything?

I did ask, but did not get answers, although they were very polite about not answering. Also, I would not call this rep's comment "hard data", probably not the same office, probably the current buzz and nothing more certain than that—but at least it wasn't "August"!