Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

[Busted] Model X configuring in July 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was speaking with Tesla yesterday, and they said we should know more next month. No matter how much I tried, they would not give away any more information, but were very nice about it! They also said that they had not spoken to someone who's reservation number was so low - made me feel good!

Assuming the configuration page is launched in July: if you say mid-July, at most you'll be off by two weeks, and there's a 50% chance of only being off by 1 week or less. That's not too bad. ;)

This analysis makes the assumption that all dates in July are equally likely.

I would expect a probability curve that is much more heavily weighted towards the end of the month to be more likely for this (or any other company announcement that promises something long awaited during a month with no details.)
Walter

In that those in the front of the line have been there for well over two years, I would suggest not only is the answer to your question <<<zero>>>, but that even were that not the case, they certainly have paid a huge opportunity cost.

From a recent email about the TMC Connect event that starts this Friday:

We are pleased to announce some of our speakers for TMC Connect 2015. Ricardo Reyes, Tesla Motors Vice President of Global Communications will be joining us, as well as a panel of Tesla engineers working on vehicle production, Autopilot, and Tesla Energy.

Since Tesla is having several people speak at the conference, including a panel of engineers (normally a marketing no-no), do you all think that perhaps means that they will have announced some more Model X details by then? Ordering process and pricing details?

From a recent email about the TMC Connect event that starts this Friday:

Since Tesla is having several people speak at the conference, including a panel of engineers (normally a marketing no-no), do you all think that perhaps means that they will have announced some more Model X details by then? Ordering process and pricing details?
Lovely idea. Likely idea? Hmmm.....

You'd think they'd have to give all the details on the stuff that you might want to configure like wheel size, pack size, available exterior colors, interior colors, etc. Maybe even (gasp) show off the final /production iteration already - as wacky as that sounds.

The first people that can finalize the car will be Signature reservation holders.
Easy configuration, as a check list, no pictures only price he he he he.
3 row Seat Yes/No
Performance - Yes/No
Color external - pick one. (5-6 to choose from)
Color interior - white/black.
The rest is all inn, even the hitch and large battery pack. ;-)

The first people that can finalize the car will be Signature reservation holders.
Easy configuration, as a check list, no pictures only price he he he he.
3 row Seat Yes/No
Performance - Yes/No
Color external - pick one. (5-6 to choose from)
Color interior - white/black.
The rest is all inn, even the hitch and large battery pack. ;-)

Is that how it was for model S?

Model X configuring in July 2015

Sorry no hitch on Model S Signature. ;-)
The choises was less on the signature, more equitment was standard, some colors and other choises was unique.
You could see the car, interior in the configurator.
My post was posted for funn, I guess the configurator will be like the Model S today.
I guess the Signature will have more equitment as standard, easier to start production with less unique configurations and a varity of models, batterypacks, interior, seats...........

You'd think they'd have to give all the details on the stuff that you might want to configure like wheel size, pack size, available exterior colors, interior colors, etc. Maybe even (gasp) show off the final /production iteration already - as wacky as that sounds.

Price would be nice too. Any predictions for the base model? Anyone?