Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

But it isn’t! (Just venting)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FD288547-2858-4615-A7C8-0A76EC0DBCFA.jpeg
36.8 released mid October…..

I know, I know….relax.

• Funny
Reactions: GtiMart
Ok, so here is the part that really does piss me off. First, I don’t care that I’m not number 1 in line for the latest and greatest….I do understand there is a process. However…

I’m on 36.8
I really don’t care about 36.8.10 and some of the other minor bug fixes. That’s basically for FSD which I don’t have.
40.6 adds TIDAL (don’t care) and waypoints (kinda neat). I’d take this one.
44.6 adds profiles and sync. Don’t really need but again, kinda cool. I’d take it.
There are also some minor bug fixes mixed in. I agree those on the main should get the bug fixes prioritized.

What pisses me off is seeing some users, with identical config as me, going from x to 40.6 and then 44.6 with me sitting idle on 36.8. Why do some get multiple upgrades when others are left in the dark? Wouldn’t all first go to 40.6, and THEN start the update to 44.6?

If I cared enough to trace back, I’m sure some have had 3,4, even 5 non-bug-fix upgrades before others have any. And that…is what pisses me off.

I guess it’s all for naught when we all get the glorious holiday update tomorrow, right?

SMH….FOR REAL!

I am on 36.8 as well. Got notification I got 44.6 waiting, but the car wouldn't connect to WiFi( the garage is on the edge of being able to connect to our network even with an extender). Usually will connect if I go to the car itself and manually do it. But now claims 36.8 is once again the latest. Looks like it got pulled. :(

I am on 36.8 as well. Got notification I got 44.6 waiting, but the car wouldn't connect to WiFi( the garage is on the edge of being able to connect to our network even with an extender). Usually will connect if I go to the car itself and manually do it. But now claims 36.8 is once again the latest. Looks like it got pulled. :(
FWIW, I have/had the same problem. My fix?

5 mhz Wi-Fi frequency is def faster than 2.4 but doesn’t have as good range. So in my Tesla, also in the garage and far enough away, I only connect to 2.4 signal and it’s fast enough for what I need…and I prefer the “always connected” vs faster option here. Give it a try.

FWIW, I have/had the same problem. My fix?

5 mhz Wi-Fi frequency is def faster than 2.4 but doesn’t have as good range. So in my Tesla, also in the garage and far enough away, I only connect to 2.4 signal and it’s fast enough for what I need…and I prefer the “always connected” vs faster option here. Give it a try.

The extenders is 2.4 Ghz only so the Tesla should already be on 2.4 Ghz.

Anyway.... Looks like it got repushed for me as got a notification it was available again. So 44.6 here I come.

The extenders is 2.4 Ghz only so the Tesla should already be on 2.4 Ghz.

Anyway.... Looks like it got repushed for me as got a notification it was available again. So 44.6 here I come.
Good deal! The only push I have….is my frustration level. 36.8 now showing 2.3% of the entire fleet per teslafi.
Soon enough I’ll be able to call myself part of the 1% club….

Good deal! The only push I have….is my frustration level. 36.8 now showing 2.3% of the entire fleet per teslafi.
Soon enough I’ll be able to call myself part of the 1% club….
I'll be right there with you. One of the YouTube geniuses had reported an improvement in phantom braking with the 44 release, which I'm anxious to experience for myself. For now, it's sit here and wait.

There's probably nothing I can say that will cancel your frustration... but it's not singling you out :) Software updates are meant to go to everyone but you never want to send to everyone at once. What if it bricks the car for example? You want to send in small batches and gather telemetry. If it's good you continue with more batches. IF not, you fix the bug and restart the process in small batches with the new build. You don't need to continue where you were... in fact, you should update the ones that got the new, bad build with a newer build that fixes the problems. Those that had not received that buggy build are still functional.
Then you add in new features that Tesla sometimes wants to push and you might have more than one sequence going out in parallel. Maybe they target different car models, maybe they target different countries. For example everything AI might be country specific since road markings, signals etc vary in every country. Finally, you add the FSD beta and you have many streams going on.

I think they favor stability (i.e. sending updates to people with bad builds) instead of favoring spreading the new features to as many people as possible.

Sometimes I'm in the first that get a new release, sometimes I'm in the last... We just have to wait and see...